Friday, June 6, 2008

SoCal



This is more for me than it is for anyone else. I don't have my journal with me to record what we've done so I'm doing it here. Hope you don't mind!

Day Two: Played in the pools with dad and the babe and boogie boarded at Crystal Cove State Park. Hurrah for the waves!

Day Three: Played at the beach. More boogie boarding. Ate 1 lb. Alaskan King Crab legs at the famous Crab Cooker in Corona Del Mar. Mmm, I love crab. :)

Day Four: Play at the pool with the babe while her dad played basketball with Seth. Went shopping at a massive mall called Fashion Island. It really should be it's own city. Unfortunately we didn't find anything that we loved, but Abby loved the Koi Pond! The best highlight of my week: WE WENT TO WICKED THE MUSICAL! It was more than I could ever imagine. I don't think there was one particular moment of the musical that I absolutely loved. It was more just the culmination of the entire show--the pow of the music, the intricately detailed set, the hilarious and professional acting--it was just incredible! By far my favorite musical ever. Elphaba had the most amazing voice I've ever heard and the Galinda was absolutely hilarious. I almost cried hysterically I was so happy. So so happy.

Day Five: Went to the Pacific Aquarium in Long Beach. Touched a bat ray, stingray, mangrove ray, and a shark. And a shark egg. Super cool aquarium. Abby loved watching the fish--especially the jellyfish. Oh, Abby also began saying her first word: duck. She thinks all birds are ducks. If she sees a bird, she points and screams "duck!" It's great. Went to another mall to go to the infamous H&M store. It wasn't my favorite, but some of my siblings love it. Came home and relaxed in the hot tubs. Watched Never Been Kissed while eating super fudgy brownies. Yum.

Day Six: Went to the beach early in the morning. We tried to boogie boarding, but the waves were crazy big. Stephen saw a seal right next to our group. Next to Wicked, this totally made my week. We saw it several more times as we ran the length of the beach. We could see her whole body in the waves as they broke on the sand. Ate an In-N-Out burger. It was good. Didn't match the expectations that BYU Californians set for it, but that's okay.

And that brings me to now. I'm actually finishing my In-N-Out lemonade as we speak. We'll probably head out to the beach again in a few minutes. I am tan and I love it. It's been a long time since I've been tan. Good vacation. I could do it again.

1 comment:

KristenL said...

I'm glad you had a blast! How did Abby do? Next time you're in Bountiful, we need to get together!