Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy pappy day

I think we had a fabulous Father's Day. It was a little crazy--I had to accompany the ward choir (so I had to go early to practice) and I taught the Relief Society lesson (so I had to go over it in the morning)--but it was still fun.
I meant to get up an hour early so I could make an amazing breakfast while Jesse slept and I was going to do the whole breakfast-in-bed thing... but Jesse accidentally left his phone off silent so when his alarm went off at 7:30 a.m. Abby woke right up. She doesn't usually get up until 8 or 8:30 a.m. I was bummed because the "in-bed" part was ruined and Jesse didn't get to sleep in. He got up to take care of Abbs while I made breakfast. But it was good! We had German pancakes, REAL bacon (from Grandpa! yum!), and I made Jesse a chocolate banana smoothie. After church, we made a fabulous dinner of sweet pork, rice, black beans, cheese--all in tortillas. So I guess you could just say we had burritos. But that sounds lame. Anyway, it was really tasty! We made the pork in the crockpot so it was way tender and delicious. After dinner, we hopped in the car and met my family in Lehi so say happy father's day to my wonderful dad and grandpa. We had blonde brownies and brownie cheesecake and watched Abby attempt to walk (She took her first steps this weekend!) We gave Jesse Finding Nemo as his present. True to form, as soon as we got home, Jesse had us watch the documentary of The Making of Finding Nemo... what an animation geek. ;)
So here's my shout out for Jesse: Jesse, I love you more than all of the hermit crabs in all the tidepools in California. You make me more happy than anything on this earth. I love spending every moment with you because you're sweet, funny, and you're always so positive and happy about life. Thank you for being an amazing dad for Abby. She loves you so so much--you see how she reacts when we visit you on campus. She kicks her legs and waves her arms and has the biggest smile on her face. You're the best, Jesse, and we absolutely love you. Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

KristenL said...

ooo, sounds like a good meal! I can't believe Abby is trying to walk! Hope you're ready for it! I love the video on FaceBook.