Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rant or playful banter?

Jesse and I like to play off the X96 morning show that does "Things that must go". So tonight we decided to do it as part of our blog. Mind you, these are but a handful of the items we've come up with over the past few months.

Things that must go:
-girls that look like porcelain dolls (it's just unnatural)
-guys that talk on their cellphones in the bathroom stall next to you
-parking vultures (people that follow you in their car while you're walking to your car to take your spot)
-popped collars
-shredded clothes sold as "new"
-dirty dishes (they never end!)
-contest winning scams (I really wanted that trip to Cancun...)
-EFY kids playing/singing at the piano in the Wilk --you can never sound like Coldplay! Shut it!
-hipsters
-fake meat (salami, bologne, the likes. Yuck.)
Jesse: Wait! I love salami!
Lauren: ick. Waves of nausea.
Jesse: Mmmm, waves of pastrami...
Lauren: Couch.
-Out-of-control, flashy baby toys. You're going to give our babies seizures from sensory overload! What happened to the good ol' fashioned fisher price/tupperware toys... Grumble, grumble.
-Jesse losing the mates to ALL of his socks. Where DO they go?
-Professional beggars. Particularly the one sitting by Babies-R-Us in Orem that has supposedly been "stranded" and would "appricate money" in the same clothes, with the same sign, with the same pathetic look on his face for over a year now.
-peeling skin from glorious sunburns
-Jesse's zebra-striped sunburn from Newport Beach. Oh, the spray sunblock is deceiving...
-the strange smell coming from the fridge... I know it's connected to food, but I'm too scared to find out which one!
-poop stains in onesies... and more onesies... oh, and the jeans... and the t-shirt... how did it get there?
-Overly talkative dentists. Like I can respond with your drill down my throat.

Things that must stay:
-ice cream
-brownies
-pie
-cake
-cookies
-see a pattern here?
-salami
-no salami
-air conditioning
-boogie boarding
-whale watching
-Abby's vocalizations
-Abby's smiles
-Abby in general.
-oatmeal at 11:46 p.m.
-Stephenie Meyer novels (Yes, Lauren is truly addicted to the Twilight series as well as The Host)
-crunchy peanut butter
-Jesse, I'm tired. Can I go to sleep now?
-Peanut butter nougat.
-That's my response? Peanut butter nougat? I'm going to bed.
-Peanut butter wafers, peanut butter M&Ms, peanut butter cookies, peanut but-
-Unfortunately Jesse died mid-sentence from a pillow launched at his throat. Frail, weak creature.

I think we're overly tired and getting kind of wacky. Good night. Enjoy.






......I LIVE!! I smell a sequel.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You two are so entertaining. I can't wait to see the show in real life again! Love you guys!
p.s. I could have warned you about the spray sunblock if I knew you were going to the beach...or if I talked to you EVER! haha :)