Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Cake-makers Dilemma


I truly hate cake. I hate the texture, taste, and smell of cake. It's too fluffy. It's too sweet. The sugar literally burns the delicate skin of my nostrils when I breathe it in. But---I love to make cakes. I love to make and decorate cakes. So what am I supposed to do when I make a cake if I hate everything else about it? Tonight, I made the "I'm-sorry-I'm-a-brat" cake for Jesse. Ideally, I would have LOVED to have made my first fondant cake, but I didn't have the time or resources (my amazing cousin Kristen got me researching and excited about it). I'm going to experiment with that this weekend. (Hmm, I apologize: I do love carrot cake, but that's it). "Funfetti" cake is Jesse's favorite so I made it as a peace offering. I was a total brat today. I over-scheduled myself with last-minute church calling things and errands so I couldn't keep my head on straight. I got mad at him when he didn't IMMEDIATELY end his video game. Heaven forbid I should wait two seconds. So to relax and to get my brain back in order, I made a cake. But now I have to eat it. And I hate to eat it. I truly hate cake. I hate the texture, taste, and smell of cake.

2 comments:

KristenL said...

Wow! Nice work! I'm not sure I have ever frosted a cake so well. Is that homemade frosting? It looks tasty...I hope Jesse forgave you quickly.

editorgirl said...

Yum. You should bring it Bountiful-ward with you.

P.S. You should come tonight. I'm in need of some serious retail therapy.