I learned an amazing lesson this week: saying "no" to your babies. Actually, the problem was that I gave in and said "yes" but that will never happen again.
While at the BYU Bookstore, Jesse gave Abby some small egg-shaped rattle toy. It's not for babies, but it made noise so Jesse gave it to her to keep her content. When we were ready to leave the store, Jesse took it back from her to put away. Abby went more than ballistic--she was screaming and trying to find it in our hands. It was an incredibly overwhelming protest. Completely flustered, Jesse walked to the counter and paid the overpriced $2.12 for it. Abby loved it all the way home and last night.
When we woke up this morning, I found the new toy and put on my wide-smile, mom face and said, "Abby, look what I have!" She excitedly crawled to me and took the toy. She shook it twice. I counted. Then she dropped it apathetically and crawled away. I sat there in indian-style staring stupidly at the toy. Stupid toy.
So I learned to say "no" because tomorrow she won't even care.
1 comment:
oh, children.
Yes, I absolutely want to get together! THE MORE WE GET TOGETHER THE HAPPIER WE'LL BE. ;) Take advice from Abby's favorite song. hehe. But we should! When's a good time for you? MTWs are fabulous.
As for digital scrapbooking, everything there was basically me putting Photoshop to good use. However, there are a lot of freebie background pages and embellishments, etc at places like www.shabbyprincess.com
www.designerdigitals.com
www.digitaldesignessentials.com
www.digitalscrapbookplace.com
www.scrapgirls.com
www.scrapbookflair.com
www.sweetshoppedesigns.com
www.twopeasinabucket.com
www.littledreamerdesigns.com
Post a Comment