Friday, May 28, 2010

Signs of life

We are alive!
Though you may not get that from these first two pics. Sarah asked me for signs of life today. So I put on a couple pics and ironically they're asleep in these first two. Not a wonderful sign of life. Oh well!

We have an amazing ward that has already completely involved us. We had dinner with a family Sunday night, FHE with a group of young families on Monday, play date on Tuesday, mom's group on Thursday, and... now we're just chillin'. But we were already invited to a BBQ for Memorial Day. Holy cow! We feel loved. :)

Abby has been having a hard time sleeping here... mostly because we forgot her railing so she falls of the bed a lot. The other night she woke up at 11:00 and plopped herself here. We found her soon after.

Claire mostly still just sleeps. A LOT. But today she put herself to sleep for her afternoon nap and that was a glorious moment. So I had to take a picture.

This is our deck. Glamorous, yes? Abby likes to reach through and grab the leaves. Then she sends them flying and calls them "butterflies".

All of our friend time has been initiated by one particular friend--her name is Brittany and she is AWESOME. Anyway, she has three girls ages 4, 3, and nine months. The two older girls have scooters and Abby just LOVES them. Well, after a horrific Wednesday battling Abby's energy, I made Jesse go buy a scooter for her to use on our deck and in our parking lot. It turned out to be a great purchase. She "scoots" all over the place and when we went to play group on Thursday at the church, all of the kids either had scooters or tricycles. So she was totally part of the club. They're a scooter gang. :)

Abby LOVES her little sister. Whenever Claire is awake, Abby practically mauls her with love. It's sweet, but sometimes I fear for Claire's safety. Haha.. it's more sweet than scary. This was Abby's attempt to hold Claire. Claire just kept slipping away.

She's starting to fill out a bit! Look how cute...

Abby currently lives under the coffee table. It's her fort. And most all of her toys are under there. This was one of our many attempts to play while it is ALWAYS RAINING. I'll figure it out. But for now, we play inside! Huzzah!

And that concludes the first week of our Redmond fun. Oh wait! We did go swimming tonight at our apartment's indoor pool. We'll post pics of that later. Loves!

6 comments:

Lekili said...

Thanks for the fun post! So glad you are finding out how great it can be to live in the mission field. Of course, I can always hope that you will still live close to Bountiful...

Send us more pics.I especially love the one of Abby holding Claire and the scooter and Claire sleeping...guess I love them all. We miss you guys! Love you tons!

Maryn said...

Oh, to think we'll be seeing you again in June. Hallelujah!

editorgirl said...

Anyone else feel the need to go buy Abby something pink and sparkly?

I'm glad you're having a little bit of fun. Love you!

Megan said...

Oh yay. I'm glad you guys got all settled in and are enjoying Washington. Your girls and so stinking cute and we miss you guys! And don't worry. Give it a few more weeks and the rain will let up a little. Summers up there are absolutely fantastic! Head over to Lake Sammammish park sometime when it warms up a little.

Meg said...

Very cute. Glad to hear things are going well. We definitely missed you guys today during the Memorial Day festivities. One of Sam's first comments a few days ago when I reminded him about it was "But Jesse isn't going to be there..."

Kelsey said...

OH Laur! It looks like too much fun. Claire is looking so different already, but still blonde! Gotta love it. I am so glad to hear that your ward has welcomed you well. I hope we'll be able to come visit sometime this summer. Let me know when you're schedule is free of other visitors! LOVE you guys!