Thursday, May 6, 2010

Claire Larsen


Claire Larsen was born May 5 at 4:23 p.m. at 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long! She was a wonderfully easy and quick delivery. So I had no reason to be terrified. Seriously. I pushed twice and the nurse made me stop so they could grab the doctor. I pushed maybe 1 1/2 more times and she was out. It was a wonderful contrast to the two hours of pushing I had with Abby.

So far she's been super happy and content--she sleeps all day. She's blonde and right now she has big blue eyes. She already nurses well. Abby's constant comment is, "Oh look how cute, the little baby." She seems excited to play with Claire. While Abby was in the hospital with my fam she said, "Mom! Now you can play silly games because Claire is out of your tummy!" Grief that girl has a memory. Gotta love her.

Anyway here's a pic. Obviously there will be many more to come. Thank you for all your spectacular comments and for keeping us in mind! Love you all!

17 comments:

KristenL said...

Look at her! She is beautiful! I've been so excited to see a picture. I'm glad everything went so smoothly for you. Way to go!

Davis Valley Classic said...

I love the name Claire! And she is so beautiful! Congrats!

Carolyn said...

Claire is absolutely beautiful! She looks so alert for a newborn. I'm glad you had a smooth delivery, and I'm so glad she's here safely! Have fun with your two girls! :)

Meg said...

She's beautiful! So glad everything went well! Good luck with the transition :) Excited to hear stories of you with 2 girls and see more pictures!

mrsdriscoll said...

Lauren Congrats on your beautiful baby! I can't believe how bright eyed she looks! She looks like she's 2 months old in that picture! I am gald you had an easy delivery, hope all goes well at home!

Kylie said...

She is seriously such a pretty baby! I'm so glad we got to come see her. I'm so happy for you.

Kyle and Megan said...

She is so cute! I'm glad that everything went well.

Sydney said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm glad you are feeling well and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Kyle and Jessica said...

She is so so so cute! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling good!

Kyle and Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Bell said...

I LOVE that picture! She is so goregous! I'm glad everything went well! I wish I could see her!

Stacey said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations you guys!! So happy to hear everything went well.

The Gibbs said...

WOO HOO!!! you aren't prego anymore! doesn't it feel so good?!? and she's gorgeous. and you're gonna be great, having two is much easier than one, in my personal OP. CONGRATS!!!

Debora said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I miss you guys and hope you are doing well.

Lisa D said...

She is so adorable!!! Congrats!

Aubrey said...

Lauren! This is Aubrey (Landvatter) now Holmgren... I ran into your family at the Beehive Bazaar last week which was so fun (bummer you weren't there) but I admitted to checking (stalking) your blog from time to time. So I thought, what better time to say "hello" than now, when you've had your sweet baby girl!!!! She is such a beauty, as is Abigail (and such pretty names). It's good to hear your news... you're welcome to view our blog-just email me theholmgrens@hotmail.com if you want to check it out (it's private). CONGRATULATIONS again!

Anna B said...

gorgeous, gorgeous baby!! congrats you guys!