I will probably blog more this summer than any other time of my life because my wonderful family keeps texting/emailing me asking for photos. So here are photos. You're so goofy, family. But I absolutely love you. P.S. How did the Memorial Day baseball game go?
Friday, May 28
Our apartment complex has an indoor pool that is conveniently located right next to our building. Out of 40+ buildings in this complex, it is quite amazing that it is so close to us. It has a wading pool connected to the regular pool so Abby has a wonderful place to play. We finally got to go swimming Friday night. Jesse has been super busy with work already and I can't swim yet.... since I just had a babe. For those who want to know: Jesse is on an experimental team that is to create a game for the XBox in 12 weeks. Jesse is 1 of 2 artists on the team so he does the concept art for it. He's crazy stoked about working on this, but it also means that he's gone slightly more because it's an accelerated... work? What's the word? Accelerated internship? Something like that. Rather than years to do a game, he has 12 weeks.
Friday, May 28
Our apartment complex has an indoor pool that is conveniently located right next to our building. Out of 40+ buildings in this complex, it is quite amazing that it is so close to us. It has a wading pool connected to the regular pool so Abby has a wonderful place to play. We finally got to go swimming Friday night. Jesse has been super busy with work already and I can't swim yet.... since I just had a babe. For those who want to know: Jesse is on an experimental team that is to create a game for the XBox in 12 weeks. Jesse is 1 of 2 artists on the team so he does the concept art for it. He's crazy stoked about working on this, but it also means that he's gone slightly more because it's an accelerated... work? What's the word? Accelerated internship? Something like that. Rather than years to do a game, he has 12 weeks.
Saturday, May 29
We decided that we'd try to find the KidsQuest Children's Museum in Bellevue on Saturday. We put the address in the GPS and took off. When we got there, we found an empty old Mervyn's building. We looked it up in the GPS and it gave us a different address than the internet. So we drove off looking again and 10 mins later found downtown nothingness. No museum. I finally got a hold of my dad and had him look up the address again. He gave me the original address we had looked for, but he also gave us the phone number. Turns out it was INSIDE the mall next to the old Mervyn's building. Lame. It was okay, but nothing I'll do again. It was too crazy and small. It was similar to the Discovery Museum at the Gateway in SLC, but not nearly as cool. But here are a couple pics. :)
We decided that we'd try to find the KidsQuest Children's Museum in Bellevue on Saturday. We put the address in the GPS and took off. When we got there, we found an empty old Mervyn's building. We looked it up in the GPS and it gave us a different address than the internet. So we drove off looking again and 10 mins later found downtown nothingness. No museum. I finally got a hold of my dad and had him look up the address again. He gave me the original address we had looked for, but he also gave us the phone number. Turns out it was INSIDE the mall next to the old Mervyn's building. Lame. It was okay, but nothing I'll do again. It was too crazy and small. It was similar to the Discovery Museum at the Gateway in SLC, but not nearly as cool. But here are a couple pics. :)
Seattle Temple
You always have to find the temples when you're on vacation, right? At least my family always does.
I'm excited for you to come see the flowers and to take pictures, Mar. You'll love it!
This picture is merely for you to view Abby's incredible fashion sense. She insisted on these clothes today after church and I just had zero desire to fight her. Pick your battles, yeah?
These are more of our adventures! It's been fun so far, but we still have 11 weeks to go. So more fun to come! We're hoping to go into Seattle next week and tomorrow we have a BBQ with Jesse's initial Microsoft recruiter.
Love you all!
8 comments:
Love, love, love the pictures. Thanks for keeping us happy with new ones. We don't want to forget what you look like (ha ha) and Claire changes every day...love Abby's swimsuit. Give Abby and Claire loves for me. Maybe you can tell Abby that the brown flowered shirt is Quack Quack's favorite. That outfit kills me. Smiles.
ps. the baseball game was awesome. it was sad not to have any of the guys from our family out playing...Sam especially missed Jesse. Dad had to drive Maryn back to Bountiful,Stephen left to meet up with Ashton's family, and Seth is in New Zealand...so they all missed playing time. Pierce(3) Hattie, and Ethan played. It was super fun to watch their faces light up as they cleared the bases. Next year, Abby can get a piece of the action.
If you want a really good children's museum head to the Pacific Science Center right next to the Space Needle and Seattle Center. It's a great children's museum.
Oh, that just made my day. And trust me, I WILL love Washington/Seattle/whatever you want to call it! I am pumped.
PS Awesome pictures. :)
I'm glad you guys are doing well in Redmond. your girls are adorable; I love Abby's sense of fashion. Too cute. :) Lauren, you look fantastic! I hope you're getting some sleep.
hey lauren! found your blog. you know, i'm serious about babysitting if you guys wanna do a fun date without the kiddos. i know claire's tiny, but as soon as you trust leaving her just let us know! ps. i looked up the discounts, there are some good ones, zoo & aquarium included. (:
Glad to see things are going so well and you are having such a good time!! And of course you look amazing already and your baby isn't even a month old!
Such cute kids! You are looking great too! I'm glad everything worked out with your housing...I would seriously have been sooo mad if that happened to us. I hope you continue to like it up there!
Post a Comment