Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 2: Friends

My family is concerned that we've died. I'm sorry! It's not that easy to get two girls to sleep at the same time so I can blog! So here are some pictures from the last week and a half in Redmond, WA.

I left Abby with Claire in the living room for a few moments to grab something from the bedroom. When I came back, Abby was sitting next to her with the book open. She said, "I'm reading to Claire-bear so she can go to sleep." And it's amazing how much of the story Abby actually told her. Aw, how cute! ;)

Side note: Claire is acquiring many nicknames: Claire-bear, Clairy-beary, Clairezy, and baby bear.

These next pictures are of my lifesaver and her family. I told you about all the activities we were invited to the first week we were here, yeah? Well, this girl is the one who did it all. Brittany M. She is AWESOME. She has three girls and we LOVE to play with them. Abby and I are currently experiencing Brittany and co. withdrawals. Can you believe it? They're in Utah for 2 1/2 weeks. Actually everyone here has ties to Utah.... it's almost funny. So every week our ward combines with another ward for playgroup. We meet at Idylwood Beach on Mondays and on Thursdays we rotate parks. Seriously, Washington has done an incredible job with their park system. So these pics were taken one day at Perrigo Park at a play date.

Brittany M. and her baby Lilah, age 10 months

Taylie, age 4. She did NOT want a picture taken.

Kylie, age 3. She's pretty quiet, but Abigail LOVES to hang out with her. Doesn't hurt that they're the same age. :)

I have no idea what this face is, but it frequents our camera. The girls are digging in the sand volleyball courts. Digging in the sand is a favorite past time of Washington toddlers, I've learned.

I love the people I'm meeting in Redmond. The church is such an incredible strength and support out here and the women are amazing! I really wish I had a pocket version of each friend I've made to take home with me. They're such awesome examples of friendship. I love them to death. If we do get to come back, I pray we can live in this area again.

So here's a post for today! I have a billion more photos to post, but you don't need them all at once, right? It's just good to know we're alive and we have friends.
Loves!!

6 comments:

"In the way . . ." said...

Wahoo! Good to see some faces! We miss you guys.

Megan said...

Miss you lots and lots!

Kylie said...

I'm so glad that you are loving it. How fun for Abby to have so many friends to play with. That is so great!

And I'm quite impressed with how often you blog :)

Lekili said...

What a sweet sister Abby! I think her reading to Claire is a sign of magnificent parenting. Can't wait to see them both and give them big old bear hugs! You and Jesse too.

Carolyn said...

That is so sweet that Abby was reading to Claire! Having two girls is so fun. Your girls are adorable, and I'm glad you're surviving. You are a trooper Lauren! I wish we could get together. :)

*b said...

That is so sweet of you! We are so glad you moved here and hope you come back permanently!!!
Our prayers are with your sweet family at this hard time. We can't wait to come see Abby when she is ready for visitors. Please let us know of anything you need!!!
*brittany