Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Three stories

#1 I either got really brave... or really stupid. I cut my bangs again. Straight across at my eyebrows. So I now have long straight dark hair with severe bangs. The funny thing is that I can't get them to totally straighten. I've tried product and everything and they either stick straight off my head or they have a bit of a curl to it like when we were in sixth grade. BAH. I wish I had a great celebrity picture or even a pic of me to demonstrate this bizarre action I decided to take.

Everyone says it's cute though. Let's hope they're all being honest. (I just need to get used to them)

#2 We are officially on day three of potty training. Abby has been in pull-ups for two months and totally knows how to use a potty. She just doesn't want to. Jesse and I decided that with another babe coming we do NOT want to be paying $80 each month for diapers. So one of them has to stop. We borrowed some padded underwear from my mom from my days of potty training, and starting Monday morning Abby has been in these underwear. The padded underwear just absorbs more when they have accidents. I HATE accident clean-up. Padded underwear are good for sanity. Anyway, so this is the point of the story: Abby refused to go #2. I hope you're okay with that term. We have bribed in every way possible to get her to, but she just wouldn't. My mom told me about her cousin who had twins first and when she potty trained them... she put them in cold water when they had accidents. I don't think this is abuse. With Abby, we HAVE to use extremes or she doesn't care. So Monday morning, five minutes after I had just taken her to the potty, she pooped in her underwear. So into the cold bath we went! Come on folks, it was only 1 inch deep and I only made her sit in it long enough to wipe her off. So like 20 seconds. She refused to go #2 on Tuesday because she was terrified of the cold bath. Then today, around noon I heard her make that sound. The one you all know. And I flipped around and sternly asked, "Do you need to poop?" She gave me this wide-eyed look and ran to the bathroom yelling, "I don't go in the cold bath! I poop on the potty!" And she did. :) Gold star for Abby. I know there will be more cold baths to come, but in the meantime, we're finally making progress!!

#3 This is for Jesse's sake. Jesse is practically NEVER home. Not during Abby hours anyway. He leaves at 6:30 or 8:00 a.m. and doesn't get home until just before Abby's bedtime. Today as I was putting Abby down for her nap, she started crying. Like not stalling crying, like real tear crying. So I asked her what was wrong and she sniffled out, "I love my daddy. I just love my daddy." Which I think means, "I miss daddy." I thought it was tender. :)

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

So so cute! I miss you guys already :(

Stacey said...

Keep up the potty training! We are right there with you...battling through #2 accidents. I may have a tip for your bangs! After you get out of the shower blow dry them straight down and flat against your head. Blow drying your hair in a "direction" will only work if your hair is wet. I do this every day to get my bangs to swoop in the direction I want them to go :)

Lekili said...

laur, i love your bangs. i love the Abby stories. and i love you.

Carolyn said...

Good luck with the potty-training! I'm glad Abby is making progress. That story about missing Jesse is so sweet...cute little Abigail.

You should post a picture of your bangs! I have no doubt you look gorgeous. :)

Megan said...

First, your bands are stinking cute. Second, I love your daughter. She is adorable. And she cracks me up.