Friday, January 29, 2010

Polka dots and such

These are random stories over the past two days:

Abby woke up yesterday morning and I was still asleep. As always. She walked over, flipped on the light (my EVERY day rude awakening), and then climbed in bed with me. She was looking at my face when she started laughing. "Mom," she innocently began, "why you have polka dots on your face?" And then she pointed out my polka dots. "Here, and here, and another here, and another polka dot! Oh my goodness! Lots of polka dots!" Thank you, my lovely child, for pointing out the wonderful flaws of my complexion. But it was funny.

We have successfully had two days of NO potty-training accidents. The cold water tub trick has her completely freaked out. So tonight I was babysitting Samuel. I was holding him in one arm and attempting to crack eggs with the other. Abby was sitting on the diaper boxes in our kitchen, eating an apple, when she jumped up and ran screaming, "Use the potty! Use the potty!" Suddenly she stopped mid-living room. She calmly turned around and walked back saying, "I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay..." And as quickly as she stopped, she freaked out again, "Use the potty! Use the potty!" And she booked it for the bathroom. Number two. Go my Abby. I had to crack an egg, wash my fingers, and get Samuel situated on the floor faster than I can blink so we didn't have accidents, but hey, we did it.

The awesome part about having Samuel playing with us tonight was to see Abby with him. She LOVES Samuel--until he touches her. Which is the story with every child. So we've learned that Abby will love you as long as you don't touch her. Anyway, she was super helpful with him tonight. She would hand him toys, put his blanket on him, attempt to play "silly games" as Abby calls them, etc. She was dang cute. I'm glad I have Abby to help me out.

Here is a picture of the stroller I want:

Baby Trend Double Sit n Stand - Skylar

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Go Abby! That is very exciting. That's one of those things I definitely don't want to deal with, but will be thrilled when it's done. That's awesome though!

Meg said...

I'm totally jealous on the potty training. I really wanted to have it done before Makenna was born but just didn't have the time to devote to it when I was working full time so I'm hoping by her 3rd bday which is April. And I totally want that stroller too. Maybe we can combine funds and share one :)

Lekili said...

Oh Abby Cadabby! You kill me!

Carolyn said...

How exciting to have successful potty-training days! Good for Abby. And that stroller looks awesome; good luck acquiring it!

The story about "polka dots" made me laugh. Aren't kids the best?