What a brilliant baby I have! Okay, just kidding. But I do have a funny story. Tonight, I decided to rest on my bed while Abby was supposed to be going to sleep on her bed (we share a room, for those who don't know). I was just so exhausted and I needed to get off my feet. I accidentally fell asleep. I woke up to the rustling of thin pages and a little voice saying, "And it came to pass... And it came to pass... And it came to pass" over and over again. It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but I soon realized that Abby was trying to read her Book of Mormon! We only read 5 or so verses a night with her because she has the attention span of a petite pea, but this let me know that she's actually listening! I began to be astonished. :) It's amazing how much your children actually hear when you think they're doing nothing but rolling around the bed humming. This was a wonderful moment of motivation for me to continue creating this habit of family scripture study. Grief, I know I should anyway, but you know what I mean. Hurrah!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Abby's reading ...
The Book of Mormon!
What a brilliant baby I have! Okay, just kidding. But I do have a funny story. Tonight, I decided to rest on my bed while Abby was supposed to be going to sleep on her bed (we share a room, for those who don't know). I was just so exhausted and I needed to get off my feet. I accidentally fell asleep. I woke up to the rustling of thin pages and a little voice saying, "And it came to pass... And it came to pass... And it came to pass" over and over again. It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but I soon realized that Abby was trying to read her Book of Mormon! We only read 5 or so verses a night with her because she has the attention span of a petite pea, but this let me know that she's actually listening! I began to be astonished. :) It's amazing how much your children actually hear when you think they're doing nothing but rolling around the bed humming. This was a wonderful moment of motivation for me to continue creating this habit of family scripture study. Grief, I know I should anyway, but you know what I mean. Hurrah!
What a brilliant baby I have! Okay, just kidding. But I do have a funny story. Tonight, I decided to rest on my bed while Abby was supposed to be going to sleep on her bed (we share a room, for those who don't know). I was just so exhausted and I needed to get off my feet. I accidentally fell asleep. I woke up to the rustling of thin pages and a little voice saying, "And it came to pass... And it came to pass... And it came to pass" over and over again. It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but I soon realized that Abby was trying to read her Book of Mormon! We only read 5 or so verses a night with her because she has the attention span of a petite pea, but this let me know that she's actually listening! I began to be astonished. :) It's amazing how much your children actually hear when you think they're doing nothing but rolling around the bed humming. This was a wonderful moment of motivation for me to continue creating this habit of family scripture study. Grief, I know I should anyway, but you know what I mean. Hurrah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is AWESOME! YAY ABBY!
That is so cute. Good for you guys! We've been reading the Book of Mormon Stories version (with the pictures...do you know what I'm talking about?) and Lainey enjoys it. She talks about Laban saying, "No, you can't have the brass plates!" and things like that. It's amazing that they actually are picking up on things.
We miss you guys! I hope you are doing well.
That is so cute! Good for you for reading it to her at a young age! Elder Holland would be so happy, ha? She's so cute!
Haha that's so cute. On Sunday while I was watching conference Kaitlin was coloring and all of a sudden popped up and said "Mom they're talking about Jesus Christ like us!" She was so excited. Put a huge smile on my face.
I'm so proud of you for reading with her every night. You're a great example to me.
That is such a cute story! I had never even thought about reading to my kids when they were that young, but I now I want to make sure I remember! Thanks!
Post a Comment