This is my dilemma: Abby is OBSESSED with watching Cinderella. It is literally the first thing she asks to do when she wakes up. So as it is nearing October, I started thinking about Halloween and what costume to do this year for Abby. This the first year we're taking her trick-or-treating. Hooray! So back to the costume. Jesse really wants her to be Boo from Monsters Inc. It'd be CRAZY easy to throw her in an oversized pink shirt and leggings, and then stick some pigtails in her hair. But she doesn't care much for Monsters Inc. anymore. And neither do I. But we're both attached to Cinderella. I started researching Cinderella costumes and they range anywhere from $20 - $80! Then I thought: well maybe I'll make one. So I started researching that possibility. But really, after you've bought the pattern, mushed your brain deciphering the pattern, purchased the fabric, and put it all together.... will it really be less than just buying a costume for $20 or $30? That's my dilemma: do I buy a costume? or is it worth it to attempt making one?What do you think?
The Boo costume is not an answer. I'm trying to avoid that one right now... In the meantime, I'll stop plaguing my mind with research and await your brilliant responses. Happy autumn!
10 comments:
Could you have her be "poor Cinderella" as opposed to "princess Cinderella"? It might be easier.
Just promise me you won't put her in a plastic dress with a cheesy decal on the front. Or I will haunt you.
Can Samuel go as a mouse? Gus maybe?
I would say make it, if you watch for sales on patterns and fabric you could do it fairly cheap. Or, see if you can buy one on ebay. That's where we bought Hallie's costume last year. Either way, I think Cinderella would be SUPER cute! :)
Ummm if it were me I'd buy it but thats because my beginner sewing skills could not accomplish making a Cinderella dress. I am however making Kaitlin's Tinkerbell costume this year :) But that's just an extra long tutu pretty much. I saw cute princess dresses today at Walmart for $25. Although I think they were 3/4T sizes so maybe a tiny too big. If you're feeling adventerous - make it. It will mean more to you that way :) She would be a cute Boo though....
Lily was Boo last year (SOOO easy), but since that is not an answer... I'm all for buying the cinderella costume.
I would say it's worth it to just buy one. My mom actually made me a Cinderella costume when I was 3 or 4. We're just about to get the costumes out of storage, so if we still have it we will definitely send it your way :)
I don't know if I'd go so far as to make it from scratch. I'd check out Ebay and the DI first to see what they have. It could be easy to find a blue dress and add stuff to it. If you can find a cute costume for $20 though, it might be worth it. I liked Sarah's idea too--have her go as "poor Cinderella". Good luck!
I agree with Kylie's comment! Either keep your eye out for cheap fabric or buy one on Ebay. That's what I would do.
Reading this made me laugh...Lainey went through a phase when she LOVED Cinderella too. I miss your cute little Abby! I wish we could get together!
buy a costume. maybe go to DI and get a princess looking dress and call it cinderella. she'll use it as dress-up. it's a total investment.
Give abby a HUGE hug for us! She's going to be so cute as Cinderella!
Post a Comment