Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Abby's secrets


So many of you know, Abby is addicted to her pacifiers, or "binkies" as we call them. She has her "bubble binky" and her "flower binky", because they have bubbles and flowers on them, as shown above. Abby has to have one in her mouth and one in her hand when she goes to sleep. Or she doesn't sleep (I know she's two and we need to stop this habit). On Saturday, the bubble binky mysteriously disappeared. I searched the beds, behind the beds, under the beds, in the toy box, in the dressers, in the closet (yes, singular), EVERYWHERE. And I could not find it. Of course that meant trouble when night came. She cried and cried because she wanted her bubble binky, but I didn' t have a clue where it was and she couldn't remember where she put it. She finally decided that one of her doll's binky was okay and she tried to sleep. But it hasn't been easy the last few nights. Just barely I went into our room to go to sleep. I always reposition Abby on her pillow and put her blankets on her before I go to sleep. So I was shifting her back to her pillow and looking for her binkies so she'd have them when she wakes up in the night, and there on her bed... was the bubble binky. I gawked at it for a moment. WHERE THE HECK HAS THIS THING BEEN?!?! I grabbed it and walked out to Jesse and frustratingly said, "Seriously?" He looked at me and with equal shock said, "I know! She brought it out while you were at your relief society visit and said, 'I found bubble binky, papa!'" Jesse asked her where she found it, but with a sly smile she refused to respond. The bubble binky has returned. I honestly want to know where it has been this whole time. We have a small apartment and not a lot of places for it to go. I'm beginning to think she stashes them.... Anyway. That's my story. Now go to bed.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Haha Kaitlin is the same way with needing 2 for bedtime - sometimes she even requires 3. Silly kid. I have no clue how we're going to get rid of them but I've decided that I'm the one not ready to attempt it yet :)

Kylie said...

Ha ha! What a funny little girl! WE need to go play soon!

editorgirl said...

why does this story make me so happy?