Jesse (thinking about his recently eaten dinner): yeah, hun, it was great.
Lauren: But you didn't love it?
Jesse (relatively exasperated): I liked it.
Lauren (frustrated): But you didn't love it.
Jesse (confused as to why Lauren is getting angry about how he liked dinner): It wasn't the best, but it was still good.
Lauren (saddened): Why didn't you like it?
Jesse (ultra-exasperated): Why does it matter??
Lauren: Because I want you to like it! I want you to be excited about it!
Jesse: You wanted me to be excited about it? WHY?
Lauren: Because! How can I be excited about it if you're not! I'll just feel stupid!
Jesse (in raised voice): You'll feel stupid? Lauren, I said I liked it. Okay? It was good for a dinner, okay? It wasn't the best, but it was still good.
Lauren: (Stupor of thought)
Jesse: What?
Lauren: I was talking about the dress! Not dinner! What made you think we were talking about dinner?!
The End
I believe this is proof that men have a one-track mind.

vs.
5 comments:
Serious? What else do you think we think about? ;)
Love it, Laur....en Callista :) (p.s. So did he like the dress?)
Haha isn't it the truth, and I LOVE that dress!!!
That's hilarious! It's funny how peoples minds work.
Lauren, this was so funny! Kip and I have conversations like that from time to time where we're talking about TOTALLY different things.
I do love the dress, though!
Lauren! I know it's a little late on this one, but I barely found your blog. I love it, by the way. Oh, and I think this is not just proof that guys have a one-track mind, but so do women. Our tracks are just different. :)
Post a Comment