Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas y'alls!

Only in Alabama do you have the windows propped open with fans blowing on Christmas Eve. Last year it was freezing at Thanksgiving, but this year it feels like a summer in Seattle. Just misty, muggy, and warm. I didn't even need to bring jackets for us. So here's our play by play of the week:

Christmas Eve:
We woke up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready and be at the airport by 6:30 a.m. Our flight was at 8:00 a.m. We barely survived the plane ride and Abby fell fast asleep on the ride from Nashville to Huntsville (thank goodness!)

Christmas Day:
Woke up at 6:00 a.m. (which was 5:00 a.m. for us!). Even Abby got up because she woke up when I went back into the room to get my comfort jacket. The Larsens have an amazing capability to make unwrapping presents last for four hours. The children were remarkably patient. Jesse's big present was a rock climbing harness and I got a running pack with a running shirt. Our biggest gifts were plane tickets. Otherwise there was no way we could get out here! Thanks Dave and Cathy! The day was fun. We ate a lot, slept a lot, played a lot.

Next day: Spent five hours returning gifts that didn't fit or broke. FIVE HOURS! But it was just me and the girls so it was a blast! And I hit an amazing after-Christmas sale at Maurices and found two pairs of pants and a cute white shirt to go with my pencil skirt. Then we played games with the whole family and laughed until we could barely breathe.

Saturday: Slept in and then went to the church for some crazy intense volleyball and soccer. I learned a lot about volleyball and my team totally lost! I'm pretty sure it was my fault.

This is where our week turned sour: by Saturday night, Kenzie and Cole were throwing up. At 1:30 a.m., I heard Abby spitting and I turned on the lamp to find throw up all over her pajamas and blankets. At 3:00 a.m. Kelsey began throwing up. In the middle of sacrament meeting, Jesse began throwing up. So. We were all looking forward to Sunday so we could wear our new Christmas clothes and feel beautiful. Instead, the girls (minus Shelby) were feeling crummy and I was nursing my baby and sweet husband back to health. Apparently Shelby had it last weekend and Cathy had it on Sunday. It's supposedly a 24-hour flu so I'm really praying that Jesse and Abby are okay by tomorrow. It's just a matter of time before I get it... though I'm trying to be careful.

Well, that's basically my week so far. I'm posting this for my family's sake. They think I've died or something because my phone has disappeared amongst the ridiculous mess of luggage in our room.

I love you all and I'm way sad that I missed the Thompson Christmas party! Mom, have a fabulous New Years and sing some crazy karaoke for me!! Love you!

6 comments:

KristenL said...

Oh gosh, lucky you! You didn't miss the Christmas party...not quite yet anyways. It has moved. To Saturday. The 3rd. haha.

Anyways, sounds like you're enjoying yourself! I've been wanting an update too, so this is great! Hopefully everyone gets better soon and that it doesn't pass to you. Keep having fun!

Carolyn said...

Oh Lauren, I hope you don't get the stomach flu! Poor Abby and Jesse. :) Other than the illness, it sounds like you guys are having a good time in Alabama!

I'll be excited to see you when we both get back home! :)

editorgirl said...

The Larsons have other phones. Call before Mugee (and the rest of us) panics beyond repair.

Stay well. I love you.

editorgirl said...

I just misspelled Larsen. Dang it.

Lekili said...

Hey Laur!
Nice to know that you are still alive. How about Jesse's phone? Hope you haven't joined the throw-up party. So sorry. There is nothing worse than a baby with the flu...they have no idea how to hit the bowl or that it's even coming. Grandpa was worried about driving last weekend because of the all the snow...(12" in one night, so they've moved the party to the 3rd. Sarah was sad because she will have already flown out for chicago, but maybe you'll get in soon enough to hit part of the party. Love you tons!

Maryn said...

I hope you're not having too much fun without me. I MISS YOU! And Abby and Jesse. I love you!

Luff Maryn