Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bellevue City Hall and a Gingerbread House

Two blog posts in one week!
Christmas must be coming... there's no other explanation for this magic.

I had to post Abigail's performance today. Her preschool was invited to come sing songs for Bellevue City Hall's tree lighting ceremony today. She was so excited! They played hand bells, sang songs, and even did a dance to the Nutcracker Ballet. They were super cute! Her teacher didn't really say much about it before, so I didn't know what to expect. I wish I had had the video camera though. Next time!

So mom, Rosa Hasini is the cute girl in the authentic Indian garb. Now you know who that is. Also, thank you for the beautiful Christmas dress! Abby calls it her "fancy, fluffy dress". I told her to pull her sweater sleeves down, but she'd been running around so she was super hot. At least she kept the sweater on! That's a milestone in our books. :)


Claire was having an awesome time trying to keep up with the big kids as they ran around. I snapped her going by on the benches.

Abby and her cute friend Iris. I don't know what it is about little girls these days... Did I hold hands with every girl I played with at age four? Probably not. I was too busy digging in mud and catching worms. Fancy dresses? What were those??



We don't pull normal faces. Ever.


Abby is definitely making the most of this Christmas season. She INSISTED we make a gingerbread house. And since I'm such an evil mom, I totally gave in. Ha. I'm such a pushover...
I told her she had to wait until papa was home to help because I KNEW it would be a mess. It so was.

THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE PROCESS:







Ta-da! Gingerbread house!
The girls loved making it with Jess. I was just disaster control woman tonight--grabbing paper towels, confiscating candy from Claire, wiping up spilled frosting, taking pictures--you know... the usual mom stuff. ;) Lots of fun!

5 comments:

Maryn said...

it always brings me great joy when you post, and this post was no exception! oh, it makes me happy. Claire's face in the last picture especially makes me happy.

I BETTER SEE YOU GUYS SOON. let's Skype. love you!

Lekili said...

You were holding hands with all the boys when you were 4. Some things start early. Ha!

I'm so glad you caught some pictures of Abby singing! What I wouldn't give to have been at that performance! So sweet!

And props to Jesse...the gingerbread house looks great. Have to say, Claire gets the best faces award!

Rollins Family said...

Looks like so much fun. Did you make your gingerbread? It looks awesome!

Kelsey said...

Great Job! I haven't had the guts to try making a gingerbread house with Cole yet...You're more brave than I am! Especially with two sets of teeny-speedy hands. Miss you all!

*b said...

Claire cracks me up!!!