Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanksgiving Turkeys

My family has this awesome tradition of doing Thankful Turkeys, traced from our hands, every year for Thanksgiving. When I was growing up, I had some pretty stellar turkeys. My mom has most of them still. Jesse thought we were weird when we first made him do it, but I think he secretly loves it. This year he was the one to spearhead the activity in our house! So here are our 2011 Thankful Turkeys!

Jesse turkey. Awesome, as always. Done solely in crayon.


There is a Claire hand in there somewhere...





Abby's Fancy Nancy turkey! She wrote the names of our family in her turkey. But the letters aren't together... and most of them I don't recognize or they're covered in the fanciness.

This is officially the LAMEST turkey I've ever done. But 1) Abby insisted I do it a certain way--like hers and with polka dots and 2) Claire was out-of-control with the markers so I couldn't focus long enough to think of anything creative. At least I finished one.


We're thankful for so many things! We're thankful for preschool, the amazing autumn leaves, the awesome cantaloupe from Costco... so many, many things. Mostly we're thankful for family and for the gospel. If you get bored, I dare you to make a Thankful Turkey. Love you!

3 comments:

"In the way . . ." said...

I'm glad Jesse is following my bizarre turkey tradition. Love them all! Gobble, gobble!

Lekili said...

I especially adore the hair on your thankful turkey...love, love, love, them all and the tradition! I'm so happy you and Jesse are carrying it on!

Coolest Fancy Nancy Turkey Ever!

Kelsey said...

I love the idea! Definitely will try this next year! :)