I moved.
But the reality still hasn't set in.
I feel like I'm just down the street from my mom; when my girls get to be too much, she's going to come save me.
BUT THAT IS SO NOT THE CASE ANYMORE.
I've only been gone for two days, but already I miss everyone.
I miss Maryn and all her creative brilliance. I know Abby misses her as her best friend.
I miss talking to my mom about everything, laughing about the funny things Abby said, and eating chocolate cheerio treats. Even though we forgot to make those this Christmas.
I miss my dad, his smile when he's holding a grandchild, and his goofy jokes about the Church.
I miss Sarah. Period. Why do you have to be so far away?
I miss Stephen and Ashton and their lively exuberance. Sometimes I think they are the happiest and most chill people I know.
I miss Sambo. Awesome, spunky, mischievous Sambo. We were just getting to be good friends finally when I left. Don't forget me, okay little dude?
I miss my friends in Provo. Who knew I'd actually miss that place? Megs, Kylie, Brianna, Erin... you girls are awesome. Miss your guts already.
I miss all my extended family that I've played with since I was four. You're all my favorite. I love you to death. I'll hold a baseball game on Memorial Day in your honor. ;)
I'm so grateful that I have awesome, AWESOME friends in Washington already. We pulled a girls night already. Best night of my week.
Things will be great. I just have to take this transition one step at a time.... but that doesn't even seem possible with how much is happening at once.
I'm trying not to think about it all.
I miss Maryn and all her creative brilliance. I know Abby misses her as her best friend.
I miss talking to my mom about everything, laughing about the funny things Abby said, and eating chocolate cheerio treats. Even though we forgot to make those this Christmas.
I miss my dad, his smile when he's holding a grandchild, and his goofy jokes about the Church.
I miss Sarah. Period. Why do you have to be so far away?
I miss Stephen and Ashton and their lively exuberance. Sometimes I think they are the happiest and most chill people I know.
I miss Sambo. Awesome, spunky, mischievous Sambo. We were just getting to be good friends finally when I left. Don't forget me, okay little dude?
I miss my friends in Provo. Who knew I'd actually miss that place? Megs, Kylie, Brianna, Erin... you girls are awesome. Miss your guts already.
I miss all my extended family that I've played with since I was four. You're all my favorite. I love you to death. I'll hold a baseball game on Memorial Day in your honor. ;)
I'm so grateful that I have awesome, AWESOME friends in Washington already. We pulled a girls night already. Best night of my week.
Things will be great. I just have to take this transition one step at a time.... but that doesn't even seem possible with how much is happening at once.
I'm trying not to think about it all.
But as I'm typing to you all, this is what I'm looking at:

It pretty much looks like an explosion on Inception in every room. Even though we've spent every day working on things... it doesn't seem to disappear.
And now for a random HAPPY note:
My Claire baby HATES baby food. We've been trying for weeks, but she just doesn't care for it. On Monday, Brit showed me a baby food she gives her babe called HappyBaby. Seriously, there's a reason for the name.


Thank you for reading post #1 from Bellevue, Washington.
Love you!
It pretty much looks like an explosion on Inception in every room. Even though we've spent every day working on things... it doesn't seem to disappear.
And now for a random HAPPY note:
My Claire baby HATES baby food. We've been trying for weeks, but she just doesn't care for it. On Monday, Brit showed me a baby food she gives her babe called HappyBaby. Seriously, there's a reason for the name.
It's the best baby food ever!
Looks betters, smells better, and I imagine it tastes better because, holy cow, Claire downed a good 4.5 oz thing today of sweet potato, carrot, apple and cinnamon in like ten minutes. She would literally yell at me for more. I love that each pouch has a fruit and a vegetable. It's way easier to feed them. I squeeze it onto a spoon, but when she's bigger she'll be able to drink it right out of the pouch. And if she doesn't finish it all, I just screw the lid back on. No worrying about spit breaking down the food to mush.
So yes, it costs a little more, and I KNOW my family is chuckling about the "organic" label, but really, check out that happy baby! It's worth it!
So yes, it costs a little more, and I KNOW my family is chuckling about the "organic" label, but really, check out that happy baby! It's worth it!
Love you!
12 comments:
Hooray, hooray! Give us more updates! Love you, sister.
I'm so sad you moved before we got together (I'm so lame!) .. but I'm so happy for you that you found a job and have great friends there already. Being in the "find a job" stage really bites- so I'm glad you guys found something good. Claire is ADORABLE. I've never seen that baby food- too bad my Claire is basically done with it, cause those look cool!
So glad you're back though...call me on the days you need "mom" help to take your kids...seriously!
I'm here for you friend...always!
britt
Unpacking is no fun- I don't envy you! That is way cool baby food- I have never seen that before. Can't wait to see more pics of your place when you are all put together!
I'm sort of nervous to be far away from my mom and mother in law too but you are lucky to already have so many great friends there, that will make a world of difference! Good luck!
Miss you so much! I can't believe we didn't get together before you left. You better be ready for the visit of your life when we come up in June!
Miss you too! I'm glad we got to play at least a little bit before you moved! Hope things get settled soon, it will be great I'm sure.
PS I've wondered about that baby food, someone was telling me about it and it's pretty genius! Way to embrace the organic :) ha ha
Just an FYI, Boon makes a spoon attachment for the pouches now. It was made for Plum Organics, but I hear it works for most pouches. I am pretty sure they sell them at Babies R Us, and makes feeding on the go easier until she can eat on her own from the pouch.
We have a hard time finding pouches here, and they are really expensive, but they were a lifesaver while travelling/flying this summer.
Hey. I AM just down the street...just buy me a plane ticket and I will still be there to save you. Its way too quiet around here without you guys. I am positive we can't make it until August when Seth gets home!
And we can still talk about everything...you just have to answer your cell phone.
Good luck and hang in there. All those boxes do break down and fold flat. Stack them in your back yard for a few days. We definitely need to see more pictures! Not just the house but your cute smiling faces too!
The start of your newest adventure! Utah is sure going to miss you, but you have a lot to offer beautiful Washington. And you give us more excuses to visit!
I totally want to try that baby food. I get on organic kicks every once in a while--not a bad thing at all. :)
And the boxes will disappear sooner than you think. I can't wait to see fun pictures! I guess I'll have to start my blog again so I can keep you updated, eh? haha.
Love you! and Good Luck.
I'm so glad you guys made it safely! Good luck unpacking...I sure do hate that process. :) I'm glad you found a baby food that works. I'll have to try it out on my next little girl! Claire is beautiful. So is Miss Abigail.
I miss you guys and I wish we didn't live on opposite sides of the country! You're amazing.
Need.
More.
Photos.
(please)
Post a Comment