Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fact: It's been almost two months since I last posted.

Also a fact: We move to Washington in just over a week. Actually, Jesse leaves on Monday. I leave on the 10th with the girls.

I'm sorry I haven't posted. Life has been so stressful. I'm trying to handle it well, but it's definitely been a ride. Jesse graduated this month. The movers/packers showed up to haul away our stuff. We cleaned the house. Two days later we hopped on a plane for a week and a half in Alabama. We leave for Utah tomorrow.

And then in a week I leave for Washington.

I'm exhilarated. Exhausted. Terrified. And then somewhere after the peanut butter chocolate cheesecake we swing back to excited.

So here are some of the family pictures we did with Jesse's family during the Christmas break. Unfortunately, this was the fifth picture session for Abby in three months. Oh my. She was NOT happy. After about ten minutes of pictures, she literally broke down sobbing... so I didn't get any of just her or with her and Claire or with her anywhere. I tried. So hard. I tried to be patient, but it was awful.

Anyway.








I love my little family. I'm SO proud of Jesse for graduating and landing a stellar job. He's an incredible man and I love him so so much. He's worked incredibly hard and he rarely complains. He deserves the best. He seriously has the most pure heart in the world. Pure, caring, loving, respectful. And handsome. I know this sounds cheesy, but really he's a knight in spectacularly inked armor. Not his skin--his armor. No tattoos for skin.

Love you babe. Thanks for being the best.

P.S. Did you know my five year anniversary is coming up? I won't even spend it with Jesse. He'll be drowned in 100 boxes of our stuff in an otherwise empty house in Bellevue.... and I'll probably be eating ice cream and watching some BBC in Bountiful. Bah.

I'm excited for the New Year. 2010 was one of the most difficult years of my life. Here's to a redeeming 2011, yeah?

Loves.

10 comments:

Megan said...

you really do have the cutest family! I will miss you guys a lot!

Kylie said...

I love those pictures! They turned out way cute!

PS you need to come play when you get back. :)

Maryn said...

Since Abby loves me and everything, I'm very willing to take some of her and Claire. If needed. :)

Lekili said...

I'd say you got some pretty darn cute pics of Abby for her being totally "photoshooted" out. Ha Is that a word? It is now!

Can't wait to see you and the fam.

Kyle and Megan said...

That is so exciting for you guys! Your girls are adorable!

Meg said...

Love those pictures - they're awesome. Missed seeing you today but totally understand you being exhausted. We would love to see you before you leave but know it may be tough. Maybe we can figure something out??

Paula said...

I was expecting to see pics with pouty faces or tears, but these are great! I know it will be so hard for your mom to have you far away, but I'm so happy that Jesse got a terrific job right away, and in an area that you really like and already have familiarity with. You guys are in for amazing adventures and a whole new world! Just wanted to mention that when things settle down and you need a new British hero to watch, I would highly recommend "Daniel Deronda" if you haven't seen it yet. I loved it!! Sorry we didn't get to see you on New Year's but I could not have born getting right back in a vehicle for more traveling with little ones after all the miles you had put in! God bless your adorable little family--I just know you're going to prosper and love living in Washington. And so smart of you to choose a place your family will love coming to see you:) Love you, Laur!!

Carolyn said...

These family pictures are beautiful. I hope everything went well with your move to Washington, and I hope the year 2011 is a better one for you!

Rollins Family said...

Those are amazing family pictures. You are just gorgeous. Seriously you have a beautiful family. We totally miss you tons here. Hope life in Washington is treating you well!

Alisha said...

I love them! You are so beautiful with the most adorable girls. Cute family!