Friday, October 8, 2010

Today is Friday.

Oh my heavens.

Abby took a nap during Saturday afternoon conference...

And hasn't had one since.

Can I tell you how utterly exhausted I am?

I just didn't have the patience to handle Abby today. I needed her to stop for thirty seconds so I could reboot. I read in an article one time that a woman would lock herself in the bathroom for five minutes to get some "me" time and then she'd feel more ready to conquer the world (or her children). So I tried that today. I came out feeling slightly better... until I realized Abby wasn't eating lunch where she was supposed to be... and it was too quiet. I wish I had pictures. I found her in the living room, behind her easel, "painting her toenails" with a marker. Seriously? In five minutes? She now has wonderfully gross looking toes and toenails. I about lost it again. So I threw the girls in my heaven-sent stroller and went for a walk. Ran into friend. Talked for ten minutes before I realized I had never done my bra up again after nursing Claire... Awkward. How does one not notice that?! But it sure is visible from the front! I think I just never looked at a mirror before we left on the walk. It was a frumpy day. I didn't want to see myself. That was an overshare. Sorry, Sarah and Maryn and the few men who read this blog. But I died of humiliation. I was on the sidewalk. Where am I supposed to stop to fix that?? I dropped behind my stroller. Got home and was in such a funk STILL that we ate mac n' cheese and donuts for dinner. And even after hours of attempted cleaning, my house looks like an F5 tornado went through.

I love being a mom.

To be fair, we have discovered the joys of preschool this week to help. I wasn't planning on preschool until next year, but when an opening came up in this woman's preschool down the street, I plugged Abigail in. So really I get a break Tu and Th from 1-3. I can actually get something done without Abby destroying another room in the house simultaneously. It helps, but holy cannoli this "no nap" phase is going to be a big adjustment. I'm used to a break at least every other day.

And now for pictures. What do you do when your cousin is a wonderful photographer? Abuse her. My sister was in town from Chicago so this was part of our fun!

I love love love these pictures. And I love love love my girls. Even when I feel like my head might explode from chasing Abbs non-stop. Again these are only a fraction of the awesomeness that my cousin produces. And Lisa, I may harass you one more time before we move... if that's okay. Love to all!















She is so not my daughter. ;)

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Ugh! I'm sorry! Even at though you seriously are such a great mom. I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

Girls night soon? I'm needing it. Maybe a crafty night?

Lisa D said...

I cannot get over the one of Abby sticking her tongue out- it is hilarious and so her and you! Great to have memories like that of your kids though. :)

Meg said...

Love love love the pictures - I really hope Lisa doesn't hate us abusing her....we just love you so much Lisa. And your post pretty much describes my life right now :) I had a semi similar moment at church a month or so ago. Good times! And I'm lucky if I get 1 maybe 2 naps out of Kaitlin a week. Lucky for me I don't think she's quite as wild as Abby :) Pretty sure Makenna is going to be my wild destructive one! Any time you need to vent I think we could share stories for a couple of hours at least! :)

Stacey said...

So sorry about the no nap situation...a friend told me that she has her twin 4 year old have mandatory "quiet time" everyday for 45 min. They can play in their room, read a book, whatever, but they have to be quiet and have to stay in their room. Maybe a good solution for early nap quitters.

Erin said...

Frustrating! So sorry. When you need a break, send Abby over our way so you can have some quiet time. :)I'm about 99.9% positive that Maddie would love having her over.

Cleverly Triple said...

i found your blog link on kira's blog...hope it's ok that i'm reading it! :)

just wanted to let you know...forgetting to snap up your nursing bra after a feeding is fairly common. my friend did it once left the flap completely down...thank goodness for garments and went outside and watered her flowers...she saw her gay neighbor and waved. when she went back inside she realized what happened and hoped she didn't traumatize him. don't worry...you will laugh about this...give it a few good months. ;)
your girls are just darling.