
Tonight I watched an amazing movie. It was more real than any movie I've seen in a long time (especially considering the last movie I watched was Twilight). To be honest, I wasn't completely enthralled with the dog. He's adorable and loyal, but that's not why I loved the movie. I loved the relationship between Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson. The movie shows the progression of newlywed bliss to struggles with children to finding out you are truly happy with a family instead of having the dream job. I absolutely loved watching Jennifer Aniston throwing fits of insanity when her second baby is born. She looks like an exhausted and depressed wreck, she hasn't showered, and she's yelling at Owen Wilson for yelling in the house. She was purely insane and I completely saw myself in in that spot. Twelve months ago I was literally insane with Abby. I was so tired and I had lost my sense of identity and life was just ridiculous. I'm not like that now (Jesse may argue) but I could totally see myself through so much of that movie. But it was nice to see that Jennifer and Owen stay together through all of the difficulties and they love each other that much more. They learn to be flexible and to still have fun admist the trials. And when their children are older they are happy and content. And I loved that their house wasn't spotless. The kids' toys were everywhere! It made me feel so much better about my house right now. I loved the show for that reason. It was real. It was a real life story about a family--just it was supposed to focus more on the dog. So I totally recommend this movie to anyone who is family-focused. If you're not, then you probably will think this movie is dumb. I recommend James Bond for you.
9 comments:
i'm guessing the movie is the reason i couldn't get a hold of you tonight. hope you had a good day. let me know what you decided about coming to the land bountiful.
Too bad Owen's real life isn't like that . . .
Hey, don't ruin it for me. I know their lives are not anywhere near that. But it's nice to think that they can be. I'm still thinking about the land Bountiful.
Good! I was hoping that movie was a good-see. I might have to rent that this weekend now.
And yes, we got that house! We should be moving in around April 21. You're invited up for a BBQ!
I see talk about Bounty-ful. If I could sway you either way--I think you know what it'd be.
A thought: we should just meet at IKEA some day. That'd be blissful. heheh.
I totally want to see that one! But I hadn't heard much about it, I'm glad you liked it! I sure hope you are feeling better, seriously if you need anything let me know.
We just watched it last night as well. It was a pleasant surprise. I also thought it would be more about the dog. I too liked the realness of it.
I'll have to see it! You and I are a lot alike, so I'm sure I'll love it. :)
Hey! I just saw your blog, and wanted to tell you that your little girl is beautiful! I'm glad this movie is good too because we are renting it this weekend. I say the more real, the better!
I was trying to decide if I wanted to see that movie or not! Now I probably will. I love the picture on the top of your blog by the way, what a cute family!
Post a Comment