Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday



I'm sure you're all just dying to know how my birthday went. Well, to be honest, I wasn't really expecting much to happen. Jesse was supposed to be at work all day and we had agreed that we wouldn't do presents since we just bought plane tickets to Alabama (Jesse's fam lives there as of Sept 2007). I woke up, went on a short run, went to Abby's swimming lessons, and then went home. We were rinsing off in the shower when I heard the doorbell ring once. I ignored it figuring that if it was really important that they would call me and a leave a message. The door rang twice. I expected this. I assumed they would try just to make sure I really wasn't home. I dried off and picked up Abbs just as the doorbell was ringing for a third time. Well, nobody rings three times except Stephen and my dad. I haphazardly threw my clothes on and put a diaper on Abbs and raced out the front door. I ran right past the beautiful pink/white gerber daisy sitting in Abby's umbrella stroller. I stopped short when I saw Jesse sitting there with a huge smile on his face. He was home! Oh he was home! Jesse surprised me by coming home early so we could celebrate. We went to Costa Vida for lunch and played up in Provo Canyon at Bridal Veil Falls for the afternoon. We splashed in the water and played on the grass. We have some great pictures there--I'll put them up soon. Jesse's sister Shelby came and stayed with us last night so they made me my birthday dinner and we just had fun. It was a fabulous birthday. I think the best gift I got was just to have Jesse with me.
P.S. This is my second attempt at digi scrapping. I didn't have Jesse here to help me this time, so it's not as fabulous and perfect as we'd like. But oh well. Yay for me.

1 comment:

KristenL said...

Actually, I like this one better than your first! I love the picture too. So cute! I'm glad you had a happy birthday!! :)