Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle



To be honest, I don't even really like this movie. But it's one of the first things I thought of when I sat down to write this post.

So what's it really about? Most of you already know, but oh well.

JESSE GOT AN INTERNSHIP WITH MICROSOFT GAMES IN SEATTLE!

Okay, so it's really Redmond, but that's like saying "Bountiful" when really all they want to hear is "Salt Lake."



Huzzah, huzzah! He starts June 14th so we'll head out there like a week before. They even have completely furnished, corporate housing we get to stay in. Yes, we still pay a ridiculous rent, but hey, it's going to be nice. He's going to be working with a team of interns to create a playable video game for the XBox. I've always told Jesse my childhood dream was to live on the Puget Sound. Can you believe it's actually going to happen? I may not be the marine biologist I thought I'd be, but I still get to live there for a few weeks.

Bliss. Absolute bliss.

Oh, the whale picture? It's a whale from the J Pod--a residential group of whales in the Puget Sound. Nothing makes me happier than those whales. Well, and my family. But SO the whales. What can top God's amazing creations?? I can't wait to see them again!

13 comments:

Maryn said...

I like the picture. :)

Adam B said...

Yay! Congrats! I LOVE Seattle. Quite possibly one of my favorite cities. You'll love living in the Pac Northwest. It's the best ever. :)

KristenL said...

Well, I hadn't heard yet! So I liked the post!! Congrats, Jesse! You're going to have such a good time.

Meg said...

Wow! That's awesome! Uh little crazy since you'll have a newborn! But awesome!

Megan said...

Yay yay yay yay!!!! So excited for you guys!!! Now you can play with me and kylie when we go up! Forks he we come!

Kylie said...

YAY YAY YAY! I'm so excited for you! I'm impressed that got back to you so fast, that's fabulous! Tell Jesse congrats!...and we for real are coming to visit you in August. :)

"In the way . . ." said...

I always thought the "J POD" had reference to your lovely birth family. . . .

Lekili said...

I guess this summer will be a true test if Abigail and Quack Quack can be parted for that long...I'm not sure any of us can go for 10 weeks without her to entertain us! Congrats!

Lisa D said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!

Ilez said...

Wow that's awesome. Congratulations!

Kyle and Megan said...

That is so exciting for you guys! I love going to Seattle. :)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations!

Kyle and Jessica said...

That is so wonderful! How cool will that be!? Have fun!