I'm not going to lie, I picked this pattern partially with Maryn's voice in my head. Big floral stuff. However, I do realize that Maryn would probably NEVER pick this pattern. I tried. I still think it's kind of cute.
So this is our birdhouse project! On the same day I picked up my fabric for the cover I found this wood birdhouse for $1. So I picked up some pink and yellow paint for like $1 to go with it and we had a project! Abbs loved it. And not surprisingly, there is hardly any yellow on this birdhouse. Almost all pink. It has a cute heart cut-out on the front. I should have taken that view.... darn it.
This is Abby after she got out of the tub. She managed to get paint in her hair, and Abby doesn't like anything on her (wonder where she got that?) so we had to take a bath. But check out that hair! Sarah, the first thing I thought of was Duckie---and funny enough she's in an ducky towel. So everyone, compare. Duckie is a hilarious character in the movie, Pretty in Pink. Yes, he's a boy. And check out his hair. I mean, really? It's awesome!
And that wraps up our wonderful post. P.S. We changed our dates with Microsoft to May 24 - August 13. That way Jesse actually makes it back for class and we can possibly get here for Abby's birthday. But we told her we're moving to a new house next month and she's acting relatively excited. She keeps asking when we're moving to the new house with whales, seals, and dolphins. Ah, a girl after my own heart. Gotta love her.
7 comments:
I am so printing and framing that picture of Abby.
And then I'm going to teach her to love the 80s.
That is so cute! You'll have to show me how you made that someday when I have a baby. And bummer! Now you won't be in Seattle when me and Kylie are! But you'll have to go do lots of fun things!
Hey, I like the fabric! And you are right, I probably wouldn't pick it. But it's still cute nonetheless.
P.S. I totally taught Abby that face! :)
I love the car seat cover! And I would let you take the sewing machine to Seattle...lets just get it oiled before you go. Bring it with you the next time you come up. If you're like me, sewing and creating might be quite important this summer in keeping your sanity. I'm quite certain that machine went with me the summer that Dad clerked with Jones Day in Dallas.
Love Abby's face and her project. Quite the girl. I have to admit, it's killing me to think about not having her around regularly to play with me in the kitchen. And Claire will be three months old before we get to be around her. That's awful! Guess I'd better get tough, huh?
I totally remember Duckie! I used to love that movie.
I love your carseat cover...I'm excited that your little girl will be here so soon!
Abby is as cute as can be. She is so beautiful. We sure miss having playdates with you guys!
Aren't making things great! I love to be able to create things for the baby. And way cute pictures of Abby! She is adorable!
Post a Comment