Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moving: where can I find boxes?

That's really all I wanted to ask. We're trying to find boxes to start packing stuff up, but I have NO idea where to look. I've never really had to move before.

So, friends:

WHERE CAN I FIND BOXES?
grocery stores?
dumpster diving?

Where have you had success finding boxes with your moves?
I really don't want to buy new boxes... they're expensive. So free would be nice.




And you have no idea how unbelievably true this will be in our case.

8 comments:

Megan said...

From your dear friend... Me!!!! You see... my husband works at this big warehouse...warehouses have lots of big boxes....

Dukes said...

Okay so I blog stalk you :) But I just had to tell you I got a lot of our boxes from Famous Footwear. Just call and see when they get their shipments and then go the day after and get all their boxes. You'll get more than you need :)

Saunders Family said...

Any grocery store will let you have their boxes for free.

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

Sometimes you can find some posted in the "free" section on Craigslist.

Ashley and Zach Smart said...

Costco or Sam's Club Bakery has TONS. They will give them to you for free.

Lekili said...

We brought home five boxes from the relief society meeting tonight...they aren't very big, but they would be great for books. Sounds like your friends have great advice. Want to walk with me in the morning?

Adam B said...

I echo the Craigslist comment. When I've had to move, we either checked on Craigslist or KSL. You can get tons of boxes that way.

Lindsey Bell said...

Maverik gas station on University Parkway right in front of the mall. On the north side of the building they have a dumpster just for cardboard boxes...we got most of ours there...we usually just go every other day in the evening and there are usually plenty.