Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm ornery. That's all there is to it.

When I am queen of the world, women won't get winded just by being pregnant. I haven't moved from the couch and yet I can't breathe because this baby is completely squishing my diaphragm. So yes, friends, I am barely showing, but it's because this baby is all inside and making it impossible to sit and breathe. Some days I just wish she was all on the outside and I looked like two pigs, fighting under blanket. BLARG!

And I refuse to do dishes. And yet I know that in ten minutes I'll stand up to finally do them. I just have so many cute projects I want to do, but by the time I finish the stuff I NEED to do, I don't have the energy to complete the stuff I WANT to do.

You know those days when you're exhausted and your whole lower body is in pain and your child has just pushed every button possible so that you want to almost strangle them? You know those days? It's been one of those days.

But in attempt to counter the negativity I have just spilled, here are a couple pictures of my sister with Abigail. I giggle in delight when I see these. My sister just cut her hair from below her shoulders to this super awesome, chic Audrey Hepburn style. I LOVE IT. How many 15 year-olds do you know that are mature enough for this? Just Maryn. She's beautiful, artsy, fashion-savvy, brilliant, and amazing. And Abby's best friend. LOVE my sisters.



5 comments:

Carolyn said...

These pictures are beautiful! I can't believe how grown up Abby looks, and your sister's hair is so cute!

Pregnancy is tough...I'm definitely NOT a graceful pregnant lady who has the glow. I always felt ready to be done and get that baby OUT! I wish I could help. I hope you start showing more so that you can breathe better! :)

Megan said...

Oh Lauren. Poor dear. That's why you come to my house and lay on the floor with the girls! :-)

Lekili said...

Love these pictures.

And I'm thinking Heavenly Father better not bless you with twins...even though if he did I know you'd be thrilled and rise to the occasion.

All of us take turns being ornery, we just don't all publish the fact to the world. I don't perceive you as ornery at all, just uncomfortable.

Blackburn Family said...

I feel the same! We should be friends.

editorgirl said...

I love

-Abby in pigtails.
-Maryn's crazy chic haircut.
-that my ornery sister can spell ornery.