Monday, March 15, 2010

It's a turtle.

These are the baby shoes I made. I think they turned out pretty cute! Yes you can see the white thread inside the shoe. I didn't have any black and Abby was already asleep so I couldn't go buy more. So definitely a first attempt. Now I know how to make them better and cuter next time! I'm excited to try them again. They took me a couple hours, but I think next time around won't take so long. Oh, I still need to add an embellishment. But I was too anxious to share. Huzzah!



Abby got a sweet pink harness backpack from her Grandma Larsen yesterday. She LOVES backpacks and this one is extra special because it has a dry erase board built in. How cool is that? And how fabulous that it's a harness so I can put her on a leash! ;) I say that just because I know Jesse will cringe. He thinks it's abuse. I think it's brilliant for places like airports, etc. So here's Abbs-cadabs playing with her dry erase board. The BEST part is what she drew.




Check out that picture! The pink one. She said it was a turtle. I didn't help her at all, I swear. But it clearly has arms, eyes, a nose, and a mouth. And as she was drawing them she told me what each thing was so I know that's what she intended. I don't know if it was a fluke drawing, or if she's really figuring it out, but I thought it was AWESOME! I swear--No help from me at all.

8 comments:

Lekili said...

Brilliant! You and Abby. I love the shoes...now I want to try making some. Love the fabric you used. Give Abby a huge hug from me...I love her turtle!

Megan said...

I love those shoes!! You'll have to teach me how to make them when I have a baby.

Kylie said...

Those shoes are too cute! I LOVE the fabric. I need to make some!

Kelsey said...

Love the shoes! Super fun :) Abby obviously has a talent for drawing...wonder where that came from! much love :)

Carolyn said...

That's amazing...what a little genius Abby is! And I LOVE the shoes. You are so talented!

Love you.

Maryn said...

Aw... I'm so pleased with Abigail's work (Bro Layton said to not say proud). Beautiful! And good job on the shoesies, they are lovely.

Blackburn Family said...

cute shoes!

Nicole said...

We will trade off... I paint the room you make me some of those adorable shoes!