Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

It's only 10:30 a.m. on my birthday and I've already been incredibly spoiled. I still have The Proposal and hopefully lunch with my husband to look forward to...

Since I share my birthday with my genius brother, we decided to drive down to Provo last night to celebrate. We couldn't do it tonight because Seth is performing in Joseph at Rodgers Memorial tonight and we wanted everyone to be there. So we went to Provo. We celebrated with Cafe Rio for dinner and marble cheesecake and fruit pizza for dessert. We always have two desserts: one for me and one for Stephen.

I was definitely showered with love: clothes, cake pans, and movies from my mom and dad; a book and binder of creative projects to avoid boredom from Stephen and Ashton; and running shoes and pants, a dress, and shoes from Jesse. The BEST gift, however, came from my poetic prodigy sister, Sarah.

That story starts with yesterday morning. Around six in the morning, Abby woke up crying. I crawled into her bed, which is at the foot of my bed, and cuddled up with her to help her fall back asleep. I was still there when Jesse got up to get ready for work. Around eight, Abby woke up and started knocking on the door for someone to let her out. I was still curled up in her bed when Jesse opened the door. He let Abby out then came over to kiss me good morning and said, "Look out the door." Abby's bed looks directly out the door. I peered out the door and struggled to adjust to the light when I saw someone crouched down and petting the dog. I heard Abby say, "Uncle Stephen!" So I was excited to think that's who it was. But wait... Stephen doesn't have long blonde hair... or wear awesome plaid pajama pants...
A high pitched "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" projected from my lungs before I mentally registered I was screaming. I literally flew out of bed and ran at Sarah. Sarah says I screamed like a banshee when I realized who it was. Oh wait, back up. For those who don't know, Sarah doesn't live in Utah. Sarah lives in Chicago. She flew home and got home after midnight--like 30 mins after I went to bed. It was the BEST surprise and birthday present in the whole world. I LOVE my sister and I'm SO excited that she's here! Still confused as to why Abby called her Uncle Stephen, but don't worry, she knows she is Sarah. We're going to make this week amazing. Anyway. Good story.
Loves to all and thank you for the birthday wishes!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

It has been a rather incredible month of celebrating, huh? Kauai, fathers day, seth's birthday and now yours and stephen's birthday. We need to spend the next month working the celebrating off. haha love you! mom

Davis Valley Classic said...

That is fun that your sister surprised you! I love surprises! Happy Birthday, sounds like you have such a fun day planned, you deserve it!

Ambs said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!! We sure miss you guys!

By the way, I'm not sure if you know, but we have another blog that's not on your list. It's gusafam.blogspot.com. :)

love me, Amber

KristenL said...

Nice surprise! That is excellent!

I hope you love The Proposal. I laughed almost the entire time. It's a good one.

Keep having a happy birthday!

stevesie said...

happy b-day, your genius brother

Anna B said...

that is SO COOL!! i am so stinking jealous of you. sounds like an amazing bday for an amazing girl.

Carolyn said...

Happy birthday, Lauren! I'm glad it's been such a good day. I hope it continued that way. :)

Meg said...

So I can't believe I forot to tell you "Late Happy Birthday" yesterday at the Zoo. We had so much fun spending time with you guys! Hope you guys have a great week with Sarah!