It's a super good thing that I was in a good mood today. Today was one of those days where you just have to throw your hands up and attempt to laugh. I tried really hard to laugh, but I got a few good snarls in there too.
1. I pulled the dark clothes out of the dryer and noticed that most of the clothes were covered in red splotches. It looked like grape juice on all of the clothes, but I know that I didn't put grape juice in the washing machine. I continued to investigate until I found one of Abby's plastic forks amongst the clothes. Weird? Yes. Next I found her adorable apron that was COVERED in red--in the pocket especially. I smelled it and realized that it was strawberry. Suddenly it all came together. Abby had a strawberry on the end of her fork and she placed them both in the pocket of her apron. I vaguely remember feeling something bulky in her apron, but as I went to check I got distracted by something Abby was doing. So despite my best efforts, there are strawberry stains on all of my favorite t-shirts.
2. After a long day of cleaning, I didn't feel like making a crazy big dinner. So we made german pancakes. I opened the oven (heated to 450 degrees) and to my surprise I found a can of spaghettios inside. It was hot and in my mind I freaked out because I was waiting for it to explode at any moment. I quickly grabbed the hot pads and pulled out the spaghettios. They never exploded, but goodness, you may as well have put a chipmunk inside for how much I freaked out. Oh and yes, it was Abby's doing.
3. It's 9:15 p.m. and Abby STILL won't stay in bed. We tried the big girl bed thing, but she just thinks it's hilarious to try to jump over the safety railing. I'm at a loss. I will never sleep again.
Ha ha ha ha. I'm trying to laugh. I promise I'm happy, just also exhausted. Oh the antics of a toddler!
6 comments:
Ha ha! I'm sorry, that definitely makes for a long day. But at least you're trying to laugh right? :) I guess the other option is to cry, and that definitely isn't so fun. What a funny little girl.
good luck, my love!! :) see ya wednesday??
Man, it sounds like a crazy day. Abigail sounds a LOT like my nephew! As crazy as your days are now, you are going to have some GREAT stories to laugh about a little later. I hope you can stay sane in the meantime.
Oh, and that's way cool that you do home studies. Do you do those with LDS family services?
That definitely sounds like a crazy day...I'm impressed at your optimism!
Good luck figuring out how to get Abby to sleep in her big girl bed - I wish I could help!
D&C 24:8 Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.
Oh Abby...good think we all adore you!
Post a Comment