Monday, April 27, 2009

Best day ever

8:30 a.m. Woke up.
9:30 a.m. Dropped off Jesse at work.
11:00 a.m. Abby and I hit the park equipped with balls, bubbles, and a picnic lunch. We stayed until 12:30 p.m.
12:30-3:00 p.m. Abby took an amazing nap! I got dishes done, bedroom cleaned, scriptures read, blogs and emails responded to, and sanded my toy box. Beautiful.
3:45 p.m. Walked to the Botany Pond and squealed in delight at the 40+ baby ducklings that have just arrived.
5:00 p.m. Had a lovely walk home with Jesse from campus
6:00 p.m. Had Hawaiian haystacks for dinner with Jesse and Abby
6:30 p.m. Went to the temple for FHE. The temple is Abby's favorite place right now.
7:00 p.m. Went to the "ice cream store" (that's the only way Abby would go. She LOVES stores). We went to Coldstone with a gift card from my sweet sister-in-law. I indulged in the Cheesecake Fantasy: cheesecake ice cream, graham cracker crust, strawberries, and blueberries. Jesse had Oreo Overload: self-explanatory. Abby specifically told me she wanted "cake" ice cream and when I asked which topping she said "gummies, M&Ms, sprinkles!" No, I didn't let her have all of them. She had sprinkles. But she managed to eat the entire scoop.

Best day ever.

7 comments:

KristenL said...

Wow.

Glad you had an awesome day. :)

Megan said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! You deserve it. Looking forward to the next girls night! Just call and say when! Luv ya tonz.

Carolyn said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! I'm glad.

editorgirl said...

that's it. next time i'm in town, i'm taking abby to coldstone. just for the list.

Maryn said...

haha amen Sarah! I can't believe she told you exactly what she wanted. that's awesome.

Lekili said...

I want to see Abby with all the baby ducks!

I'm glad you have a record of what a glorious day you had so you'll remember the next time you're having a crummy one.

Megan said...

Lauren Lauren Lauren. Of course I have that picture framed. Did you not notice that it was the really big picture in my living room?