Friday, May 6, 2011

Claire vs. The Cupcake

Claire turned one on Thursday! Yay for our baby!
I still can't believe she's one.

We didn't do much on Claire's actual birthday. We're having a party tomorrow (yay!), but we still tried to do fun things--not that she'd even know or care. We went to lunch with Jesse at Microsoft and that night we made homemade mac n'cheese (epic fail) and then we had
super scrumptious strawberry gourmet cupcakes.

I felt like we needed to be reading Pinkalicious to go along with our eating.
So here's Claire vs. the cupcake.

She's reaching for the cupcake as we sing Happy Birthday.











Finally! The taste!

And she hated it.
Seriously.
She doesn't like sweet things... she prefers bacon and sausage. Oh, she's SO her daddy's girl.
She took one taste of that cupcake... and threw it off her tray.
We tried to coax another bite, but she wouldn't have anything to do with it.

And then I turned to find her smearing it all through her hair... Oh how precious.
Happy birthday, Claire.

Claire is an incredible baby. She's super happy and easy going. We've been so blessed to have her. She makes having two children seem almost too easy... Claire loves to talk, laugh, tease her sister, eat graham crackers, and climb.




Can't forget this little mischief maker, right?
Abby's latest remarks:
(laughs) "Mom, your hair looks like a dinosaur hat."
I had my bangs braided back to get out of my face. Later when I took it out, she said, "Oh mom, why did you take out your dinosaur hat? It was so cute!"

Oh, I love my girls....

3 comments:

Lekili said...

Love love love the pictures. Thanks for the heads up on your blog!

Too funny that Claire didn't even want to try her scrumptious, expensive cupcake! Love that first one of her reaching for it--pure joy!

I'm so thankful we got to come stay with you...I try to picture all these pics in my head almost like I was there! Doesn't even come close, but it helps me not feel quite so bad. Love you!

Maryn said...

YAAAY! I love you guys.

Meg said...

Love the pictures. Slightly jealous that #2 for you seems so easy :) I'll film some of Makenna's tantrums to show you what it could be like LoL Miss you guys lots!