You have been warned.
This post is about what's floating in my head. And there's a lot.
This post is about what's floating in my head. And there's a lot.
I think I've been super lame to just post pictures and such lately. While pictures are wonderful, sometimes you actually want something to read.... right? So how about an update on our life?
We'll start with Jesse. Can I just tell you I have the best husband in the world? I dropped my favorite earring down the air vent in my bathroom. It was gone, folks. To me, it was gone. I slumped to the floor of the kitchen (it had been a long day) and tried to cry, but I was too exhausted for tears. So after dinner Jesse invaded the basement, worked some handyman magic, and VOILA... he had my earring. My orange flower earring. Props to my awesome husband.
Jesse is a TA in the Animation labs every day for x amount of hours and he only has one class to attend. So we get to spend a lot of mornings with him. He goes running and we go walking. Usually at some point we meet up on the route and he walks the rest of the way with us. And then he helps me get the girls ready for the day while I take my sweet time showering. Ah...
Jesse is also pushing to get the senior film done. To be honest, I have no idea how it's going. He doesn't tell me much. But I DO know that in January, we're moving to Washington for a real grown-up job with Microsoft Games Studio. Did you know that? For reals. Permanent. Settling. Never coming back.
We'll start with Jesse. Can I just tell you I have the best husband in the world? I dropped my favorite earring down the air vent in my bathroom. It was gone, folks. To me, it was gone. I slumped to the floor of the kitchen (it had been a long day) and tried to cry, but I was too exhausted for tears. So after dinner Jesse invaded the basement, worked some handyman magic, and VOILA... he had my earring. My orange flower earring. Props to my awesome husband.
Jesse is a TA in the Animation labs every day for x amount of hours and he only has one class to attend. So we get to spend a lot of mornings with him. He goes running and we go walking. Usually at some point we meet up on the route and he walks the rest of the way with us. And then he helps me get the girls ready for the day while I take my sweet time showering. Ah...
Have I told you how much I LOVE my husband?
I'm sorry, but he's totally better than your husband.
I'm sorry, but he's totally better than your husband.
Jesse is also pushing to get the senior film done. To be honest, I have no idea how it's going. He doesn't tell me much. But I DO know that in January, we're moving to Washington for a real grown-up job with Microsoft Games Studio. Did you know that? For reals. Permanent. Settling. Never coming back.
I just might cry.
Abigail is ... so Abigail. Super active, talkative, mischievous, beautiful, hilarious, INDEPENDENT, active, mischievous... oh wait.. I mentioned those already. They deserve a double mention.
Me (singing while driving): "One step at a time... one hope than another.."
Abby: Mom, are you talking to yourself?
Me: .... yes...
Abby (SO sassy-like): Um, why?
At TJMaxx
Abby: Mom! Oh my goodness! Look at these shoes! They're fifty-hundred dollars!
Me: Crazy! We really can't afford those then.
Abby: No we definitely can't.
Claire is my angel. My sweet creamy-skinned joy. Though she discovered her voice this week and often sounds a bit like a pterodactyl. Or a velociraptor. Take your pick. I can't get enough of this baby though. She is ALWAYS happy and smiling. I can't emphasize the ALWAYS. ...unless there is a camera out. I am so in love with my baby.
Me (singing while driving): "One step at a time... one hope than another.."
Abby: Mom, are you talking to yourself?
Me: .... yes...
Abby (SO sassy-like): Um, why?
At TJMaxx
Abby: Mom! Oh my goodness! Look at these shoes! They're fifty-hundred dollars!
Me: Crazy! We really can't afford those then.
Abby: No we definitely can't.
Today Abby jumped on her bed, fell, and smashed her face on her headboard. Her cheek is currently blue.
Claire is my angel. My sweet creamy-skinned joy. Though she discovered her voice this week and often sounds a bit like a pterodactyl. Or a velociraptor. Take your pick. I can't get enough of this baby though. She is ALWAYS happy and smiling. I can't emphasize the ALWAYS. ...unless there is a camera out. I am so in love with my baby.
And my double jogging stroller.
And that's bring us to
ME.
ME.
I went to Washington under the assumption that it was only for Jesse. That I was just there to support him and endure the summer. I learned more about myself in that one summer than in the 24 years I've been myself. I learned about the importance of friends. And how to make friends. How to be more generous. How much I've needed good girlfriends and I've just never known it. How much I LOVE my Washington friends. How much I LOVE my new and old friends in Provo.
How much I truly need to appreciate and live the gospel EVERY DAY. I am truly sorry that it took my daughter falling out of window for me to truly, truly understand this. After that experience, I can never, NEVER deny that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are ALWAYS with us. They are ALWAYS aware of us: our actions, thoughts, words, tempers, laughter, etc.
They were with me at the accident. They were with me in the hospital. They helped me walk back in my apartment when I thought I never could step foot in there again.
They were with me today as I cleaned my house to general conference talks.
Can I emphasize to you how important it is that we are righteous in this life? So that we can have happiness in the next life? So that we are not bound to misery after this life?
Jesus Christ lives. He's not an imaginary being. He is real. And He's coming again.
I only pray that I can get myself in line so that when He comes I will be ready. At the moment, we have a LONG way to go... but I'm trying.
I love my girls. I love my husband. I love that I've been richly blessed in this life. I love that the gospel gives me the power to endure trials and fight them with hope. If you ever have a moment when you begin to doubt the power of the gospel, the power of Jesus Christ, the power of the priesthood---then call me. And I'll help you remember.
And that's about it as far as the thoughts go in my head. How about some pictures, YES?
Is there a theme here?
How much I truly need to appreciate and live the gospel EVERY DAY. I am truly sorry that it took my daughter falling out of window for me to truly, truly understand this. After that experience, I can never, NEVER deny that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are ALWAYS with us. They are ALWAYS aware of us: our actions, thoughts, words, tempers, laughter, etc.
They were with me at the accident. They were with me in the hospital. They helped me walk back in my apartment when I thought I never could step foot in there again.
They were with me today as I cleaned my house to general conference talks.
Can I emphasize to you how important it is that we are righteous in this life? So that we can have happiness in the next life? So that we are not bound to misery after this life?
Jesus Christ lives. He's not an imaginary being. He is real. And He's coming again.
I only pray that I can get myself in line so that when He comes I will be ready. At the moment, we have a LONG way to go... but I'm trying.
I love my girls. I love my husband. I love that I've been richly blessed in this life. I love that the gospel gives me the power to endure trials and fight them with hope. If you ever have a moment when you begin to doubt the power of the gospel, the power of Jesus Christ, the power of the priesthood---then call me. And I'll help you remember.
And that's about it as far as the thoughts go in my head. How about some pictures, YES?
8 comments:
Yaaay Lauren! I'm reading this at 6 in the morning just for you! And I quite liked it. You're such an excellent writer, it's just not fair.
Did you know 'voila' is French? BLOWS MY MIND. Haha.
Love you, sister. Thanks for being so amazing.
Wow Laur. Beautiful post. You're getting rather profound on us. Loved it. Don't know that you can say never coming back...you'd better be planning on coming back. Otherwise you will never have beautiful pics of your beautiful children. Who took all of those?
Lauren - thank you so much for your testimony. I truly felt the power of it, and I needed to hear it.
I love you guys! You're amazing. Thanks for reminding me that husbands are wonderful and that someday mine will be around more. I needed that this week. :-)
i NEEDED to hear this today! Thank you!
*brittany
Beautiful family picture. And YOU, Lauren my dear, are a wonderful person. I'm glad you love your family so much...they are lucky to have you! I miss you.
I found your blog! :) What a beautiful post! But i'm still sad that you're leaving to Wasington-i guess i'll settle for reading about you. Until then, we have a LOT of play dates and girl nights to do! :)
Thanks Lauren. Your post helped me tonight - I read it before soon after you posted but felt the need to read it again tonight. I may read it many times in the future as well. And your family is absolutely beautiful.
Post a Comment