



Stephen and Ashton


Larsen Family


Jesse, me and Abigail
Abigail and I have finally arrived home after a long two weeks of crazy summer events. Jesse was with us, but he got to be home for a few of the days during that time.
We started off the two weeks with a family reunion in Park City. We stayed at the Marriott Mountainside Resort for a couple nights/days. We went to the Olympic Park to watch the freestyle skiers practice into the pool. It was pretty awesome. And then we mainly played in the pools. Jesse's birthday was during that time on Sunday. We had a Wall-E birthday party for him (it's his favorite movie right now). I spent hours trying to locate Wall-E toys, but they were gone everywhere! I called the Disney store every morning and checked out Toys R Us, but no one had them. My mom managed to find a bakery that made a 5" cake that had Wall-E toys on top. That's the best we could find. Then while we were singing happy birthday, my dad and my sister Sarah pulled out a Wall-E figurine and an Interactive Wall-E toy. Sarah and my dad drove to Salt Lake and West Valley, respectively, looking for the toys. It was awesome! And I made a cheesecake. Huzzah. So then we hung out in Park City for a couple days and then it was Stephen's wedding!
Stephen got married to Ashton Brooke Scott in the Bountiful temple on July 31. We had a luncheon at the Eldredge Manor in Bountiful and the reception at this amazing house in Provo. Way fun. Galya the duck was even there. Ashton is super cute. She's from Orem, UT, and graduated from Timpview in 2004. She is studying Social Work at UVU (yay social work!) and she loves Jane Austen (specifically Emma) and Audrey Hepburn. She's an amazing interior designer too. She made their apartment looking incredible. So the wedding was fun. We were in brown skirts and cream cardigans with varying tops. I had awesome 4" brown stilettos on. Mmm. They were fabulous. Then from Bountiful we flew out to Alabama!
Jesse's family moved to Alabama last September. We hadn't seen the whole family since last November. It was such a blast!!! We went boating in the Tennessee River on Saturday with Kelsey and Jared, and Kenzie and Aaron. It was Aaron's fam's boat. The water was so unbelievably warm! We went to tubing and the girls totally dominated. We lasted WAY longer than the boys. It was awesome! Later in the week we went to Gibson's BBQ. They have the best ribs in all of northern Alabama. We about died. So good. Basically it was an awesome week of fun with the family, the music of Journey, and the game of Spoons. Fabulous. We got home from that on Thursday night.
On Friday, we had a wedding and three receptions to attend. Aaron Gusa and Amber Leary got married in the Bountiful temple and then that night Jesse split to West (or South?) Jordan for their reception and I stuck around for Cody Gunnell's reception as well as Mike Curtis' reception. It was way fun to see so many people.
So that was all up north. Except 'Bama in the South. Super fun, but super crazy. Like I said, I just got home this morning. I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep and my own bed. Huzzah.
1 comment:
Lauren Calista! (Does anyone still call you that?) It was great to see you last night. It's been forever! Thanks for stopping me!
I love the blog--especially the pics. I figured after last night, I'd stop on by. Glad I did.
Abby is the cutest!
Post a Comment