I'm not kidding. I think my babe is super brilliant. We've been signing to her (simple signs) since she was six months old, but she's never signed anything back--until about two weeks ago. While we were in Alabama, her signing just took off. She nows signs: "more", "eat", "sleep", "ball" (her favorite), "please", "thank you", and "baby". She also responds to the commands: "wave hi! (bye)", "shrug", "clap hands", "what does an elephant say", "dance", etc. And then today, Stephen started singing Raffi's "Brush Your Teeth" and Abby put her finger to her mouth to brush her teeth! I've never done that with her finger. She's only ever watched me! I know there's so much more, but I just can't think of it all right now. Ah, my brilliant babe. I love it.
And I love that she just found, crushed, and spread crackers all across my kitchen floor.
Love it.
1 comment:
Of course she's brilliant. But please don't tell me I should be making an elephant quilt instead of a duck-a-duck-a-duck quilt.
When are you coming up?
Post a Comment