Saturday, January 14, 2012

Photo dump! And you all wish you had Martha Stewarts for friends. :)

This past Thursday, one of my best friends threw me a baby shower. She's seriously incredible. Watch out Martha Stewart!! And to make it even better, my other best friend took pictures. And made it look even MORE Martha Stewart-esque.
I may possibly have the most talented friends ever.
I'm the lame one of the group.
Oh well.

So! The theme was "She's about to POP!" I can't even begin to describe how appropriate that theme feels like right now.

Me eating Scotcheroos. They are seriously blessings from Heaven. I could eat them ALL DAY LONG. You know, those butterscotch rice krispy treats smothered in chocolate? Oh heavens yes...

POPCORN! Caramel, Root beer, and Kettle. Talk about AWESOME.

Fruit pops, veggie pops, ring pops, pop rocks, marshmallow pops, pizza pops, pot pie pops, scotcheroo pops! She also had this incredible fruit punch that I drank all night long. It was truly ambrosia. Not like your red fruit punch from the store. Like frozen juice and 7up with mashed fruits of heaveness. I don't think I touched the water once.... don't tell my doctor that...


Her decorations were awesome! All around awesome. One day, I'm going to be cool like her.

And this is so her. The creative genius. But not her baby. That would be other brilliantly talented friend's baby.

Belly pic at 39 weeks. I promise I'm really bigger than this!



SNOW DAY #1
On Saturday, it actually snowed. The girls were unbelievably excited. It snowed like .5 inch, but they still wanted to get their clothes on and go play in it. I had to oblige.






SNOW DAY #2

The bishop came in during the opening exercises of YW's to let us know that they were dismissing church. There was probably 2 inches of snow on the ground. That seems SO unbelievably funny to me and Jesse, but I guess it makes sense. Bellevue has no snow removal equipment, no street salt, and there aren't a lot of experienced snow drivers around. So it's dangerous.
Anyway, they sent us home. I know it's Sunday, but we broke down and threw the girls in their snow clothes again and headed outside. The snow will be gone tomorrow. We have to take advantage of it!
And yes, Abby is totally in snow pants that are too small and she's in her rain boots. I realized that I never bought her snow clothes this year. I guess I figured we'd never need them... Whoops.








Happy winter!

7 comments:

Maryn said...

your posts make me so happy. please keep them coming.

glad your shower went well!

Lekili said...

Best snowman face ever! What adorable girls you have...love all these pictures. We are so lucky we still get to see your wonderful adventures even if its only online!

Kelsey said...

You're probably the cutest pregnant lady ever. I don't know how you stay so adorable! Lately people can't stop staring at me and they feel like they have to say something because they're staring....So be grateful you're still beautiful. I'm glad y'all are enjoying the snow. I think you're supposed to get some more today so stay safe! Love you guys :)

*b said...

You're so nice! So glad you like the pictures. What a fun evening in your honor!
*Brittany m.

Carolyn said...

You look beautiful and I'm glad your baby shower was so fun! And I'm glad your girls enjoyed the snow.

Cali said...

Cute baby shower! You look darling.

Just wanted to throw in my thoughts on the previous post.. if I can. I have been struggling with horrible depression this pregnancy. I had it bad with the last pregnancy too. Some people get it after the baby is born (baby blues, post partum depression) but for me.. it's during. THE.WHOLE.TIME. I feel sad and I cry all the time. I feel bored, and lonely and like time isn't moving at.all. I feel sad for Bryan to not have a normal wife and I feel like I have no one to talk to. I know I have a great life- so I can't complain outloud.. but I can't talk myself out of feeling sad and depressed. I can't tell you if it's Washington for you, or being without your family- but I can say that I feel your pain.. and that I PRAY it's a pregnancy thing and that someday I will return to normal. Here's hoping, right? He will be worth it. He will be worth it. He will be worth it. :)

Meg said...

Great pictures all around. Looks like a fabulous shower - definitely some very creative friends. What size of shoes does Abby wear? I bet I've got snow clothes she could use. Let me know if you want them. I'm waiting patiently to hear about that baby making his appearance! Good luck! Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.