Sunday, October 16, 2011

There's a party in the Larsen house!

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to a Pumpkin Patch. But I had no idea where to go when I was in Utah, or I decided Abby was too young, or who knows why I didn't go. But I always wanted to go. So when my friend asked if we wanted to go along this year I immediately jumped on it! Wahoo! Bucket list, check. So here is the massive picture dump from our awesomely, chilly trip to the Stocker Farms Pumpkin Park in Snohomish, WA. Enjoy!



Bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon....
(Claire LOVED the wagon. I'm so buying one for Christmas. Don't tell Jesse.)


Abby and Jesse searched far and wide in the big field of pumpkins...

And this is the one she picked. A gourd. A freakin' gourd. Of all the beautiful orange pumpkins, she picks a gourd.
Be your own kind of beautiful, I guess?


Claire found her pumpkin pretty fast.


This is NOT a piece of fried chicken. It is a donut. And it was the most heavenly donut I've ever eaten. They were from a street vendor at the farm named Seattle Street Donuts. They were cinnamon-caramel flavored and they literally melted in your mouth.

And this is me eating the entire bowl of donuts. I was supposed to share. Whoops. :) (We bought three bowls because they were so amazing).

This is the pumpkin Abby was going to buy before she found her gourd. Check out her mouth. It's a half-eaten corndog. Personally not a fan, but she loved it. Let's hear it for fair food!

This farm was super cute. They had tons of fun activities for the kids. Like pounding nails. Who knew it could be so entertaining?! My girls LOVED it. So we pounded nails,

we hula-hooped,

raced rubber ducks,


fished for trout,

dug in a giant corn pit,


and apparently pounded more nails. :)


And Claire started her own band with some old pots and pans that the kids could bang on to make music. She's going to be a rockstar one day.



Oh you sassy child. This is her "hey grandma, come visit me" face. ;)

We had an awesome time! It was cold, but the girls were great. There was actually a train, pony rides, hay rides, face painting, human hamster wheels, and a pumpkin bounce house, but my four-year-old screamed bloody murder if we took her near those venues. So we pounded more nails. One day we'll figure out what scares her about all of those things, but at least they had fun! And yes, Claire spent the whole time trying to see out from under her hat. It's the only hat she'll wear. She loves it. So we make it work. :)

P.S. Current boy name idea: James. Thoughts?

9 comments:

Maryn said...

I love it when you blog. It's so wonderful. And if we weren't coming to visit you this week, I'd probably be super depressed right now.

I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOUR FAMILY. Hope all is well in Se-attle. See you soon!

"In the way . . ." said...

Looks like we better pack some warm clothes . . . Looks like an awesome time!

Lekili said...

Love, love, love all the pics. Looks like so much fun. Can't wait for more adventures in Washington! Do we need all our winter gear?

Mom said...

Christian or Peter. Love your cute pics. Oh, and by the way, "Mom" is Aunt Stephanie.

Kylie said...

So so fun! And your family is darling as ever!

Megan said...

Your family is so stinkin' cute! I wonder if Bella would think anything of a pumpkin patch? It looks so fun. I personally really like the name James. And if it's that cold already, Christmas is gonna be freezing! Can't wait to see you again!

*b said...

Your pics are looking awesome! great job on your exposure!
So glad you guys came with us! Such a great time. We'll have to take a group pic next time.
b.

Carolyn said...

Your girls are so beautiful! And you are, too, Lauren! I miss you all. I love the name James, by the way. I'm so excited that you're having a boy!

Kelsey said...

Such a beautiful family ;) Jess- you're such a cute daddy! Melts my heart. I'm glad you were able to experience a pumpkin patch. It's always the highlight of my annual autumn experience. I can't believe how big both your girls are. And of course so stinkin' adorable.
I like James. As long as it stays James and not Jim- or Jimmer for that matter. :) Love you