Wow. My first time being tagged. Thank you, Kelsey. I will always remember this moment. Though, to be honest, I'm not quite sure how this whole tag thing works. Nor can I think of any fabulous responses. So I did my best and here it goes:
(Intro)
Link the person who tagged you.*Mention the rules on your blog.*Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.*Tag fellow bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged!
I'm linking Kelsey.
Okay, folks, you got it? Six quirks of mine. Ready... go:
1. I have a million, perhaps a billion faces that I subconsciously pull as I laugh, tell jokes, speak in public, speak in private, cry, scream, sarcastically fight, etc. etc.; however, it's usually just when I'm talking to someone and I'm telling them a story or responding to a comment (which I guess is almost always?). My boss used to laugh at me every five minutes because he'd claim that I just pulled a new face. I can always tell when I've pulled a weird face because Jesse will get this funny smile on his face. I don't do it on purpose. It just kind of happens.
2. I live and die by my lists---and my planner. It was more emphatic when I was in school and working, and now that I'm a mom the lists have changed. Instead of "write essay for Soc W 405", they became "wash dishes, eat lunch, do laundry, finish wiping down kitchen table". One time I even found myself scheduling time to go to the bathroom. Ridiculous. I check my planner 2,200 times a day to make sure I know exactly what I have today, tomorrow, and the next three weeks to come. Lately though I can never seem to remember what day of the week it is. All I know is that today was "Park day" and tomorrow is "Library day" and then "Mother's Group day". So odd being a mother....
3. Like Kelsey, I hate crumbs. I really hate crumbs on my kitchen floor. I think I sweep my kitchen floor at least 6 times a day, if not more. Abby is really good at giving me stuff to sweep up.
4. If I'm going to start a project, I like to get it done all in one day. I don't know how to space it out. When I made a quilt for Jesse the week he got home from his mission, I completed it in either one or two days. It should have taken me at least a week. When I start a book, I prefer to finish it in 1-2 days. Case in point: I finished The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, and River Secrets all this past weekend. One for each day. Much was neglected in my house. I decorated my magnet board in one night. You get the idea.
5. I don't know how to shop. I don't like to spend a lot of time in one store looking through stuff. If I don't immediately see what I want, then I leave. Part of my problem is that I can't separate one item from another to see how it would look on it's own. Like a piece of jewelry or shoes or a shirt. I see it with all the other items on the display rack and it overwhelms me so I leave. I'm embarrassed to say that my mother still does a lot of my shopping---and I am ever so grateful for that. One day I'll figure it out.
6. My idea of a midnight snack is usually a bowl of oatmeal or nine-grain. Though I will admit to the occasional bowl of vanilla ice cream.
So I'm done. I tag... Sarah. Yeah, you editor-girl. And just for fun, I also tag Jesse. BAH!
1 comment:
THAT was enlightening. So many things I didn't know about you! Things I never thought to ask... :)
Post a Comment